Chapter 12

It's been now a couple of days since New Years. I haven't left my room at all. I have probably eaten twice or so since then. My phone has been completely off for the past 2 days, I only talk to my dad when he calls the house and Nora brings me the phone.

Also Nora has been bringing me the phone when he calls. I don't want to talk to him. Nora doesn't understand, but doesn't question me. I know she suspects what's going on, but doesn't dare to ask. I'm glad she's respecting my space, but I can't continue like this.

I finally get up today from the bed. Jump in for a quick shower and after, I decide to check my phone. I have countless of missed calls and messages from Everly and Tom. Everly asking me to please call her back and Tom asking me to please let him talk. I select Everly's contact and phone her.

"Kendra oh my god finally! How are you? Where you've been? I haven't heard of you in days? Are you okay? Do you need anything?" She attacks me with questions after her phone rings only once.

"I'm ok" is all I managed to say.

After a few seconds of silence she speaks softly "do you want me to go over?"

"Yes, please"

"on my way!"

Minutes later I hear a knock on my room door as it opens. Everly is standing in the doorway as as soon as my eye meets hers, I break down. She hurries next to me hugging me hard. It feels good to know I at least have a real person in my group of "friends."

I get myself together and decide I want to share with her what happened. I started to tell her the story and a few tears escape my eyes as a few cuss words escape her mouth.

"I always knew Paige was easy and messed with some guys that had girlfriends but I thought she respected our relationships? I mean she was our best friend too."

"Yeah me too." I say cleaning my tears. "Have you talked to Tom?" I ask. Why am I asking? I shouldn't care. But who am I trying to fool, I care about how he is doing, I love him.

"No I hate him at the moment. He doesn't deserve me speaking to him. Took me a while to forgive Haz for covering him.  Have you?" She asks

"No, I don't ever want to see him, I don't ever want to speak to him." I say feeling anger again.

"I understand how you feel, I would feel the same but darling we go to the same school, live in the same city it's going to be imposible for you to not see him."

"I know," I say getting up to get my laptop. "And that's why I found a school abroad for me to finish secondary school." I say turning my computer towards her.

"What?" She says taking the computer from me. "Canada? You're crazy Kendra."

"I'm not, I'm only waiting for my dad to arrive tomorrow to speak to him about it and if he's okay with it I would be leaving in a few days since school starts early over there."

"Ok hold up I know you're hurt but you can't let that slut and my stupid cousin ruin your life. Moving to a whole different country is too much. Just change schools yeah?" Tears in her eyes forming.

"No Everly I'm not just hurt, I'm heartbroken. I love Tom more than anything and I can't be here. I can't be here to see him be with her . I cant be where everything reminds me of him and what he did, I will never get over him seeing him often. Please I just need your support in this Everly please?" I reach for her hand.

"But moving is a little too much Kendra"

"I know, but it's what I need. To be away. I have it all planned out and this would be good for me too. I would be so close to NYU if I do get it, and I can start visiting campus before hand, checking for places to live in in New York, getting to know the city." I say trying to sound excited.

She grunts and hugs me. "It's a horrible idea but I will always support you."

I hugged her a little tighter. I know not matter what I can always always count with her.

Tom's POV:

It's been 2 days now and Kendra is still ignoring my calls. At least I know she's ok, Nora let's me now, but I really want to see her. To top it off, my cousin is not talking to me either. We are pretty close so it hurts me that this mistake made me lose both of them.

I pass by Kendra's house for what seems like the 100th time these past 2 days, but I don't have the courage to get down and face her. She keeps ignoring my calls what makes me think in person is going to be any different? I stop for a few minutes, looking towards her window, hoping that she will at least peak her head a little bit and I get to see her, but nothing happens. I see Everly's car parked outside Kendra's front door which means she's here with her. It makes me happy to know she has someone with her through this hard time but at the same time I feel guilty that it's because of my mistakes that's she's going through it.

I park a few cars down from Everly's waiting for her to come out. Maybe I'll get to talk to her and see how Kendra is doing. That's if she even speaks to me. She is upset as well and I don't blame her, what i did is very low.

Minutes later the front door opens and I see Everly step out with Kendra and they hug. My heart skips a beat seeing her. She looks as beautiful as always but her face is red, i can tell she's been crying. Fuck Tom this is all your fault. At the same time Nora steps out and walks towards Everly's car with her. They are both leaving and Kendra waves them bye from the door before walking back in and closing the door behind her. She's home alone. This is my chance.

As soon as I see Everly's car take off, I get out of my car and cross the street towards Kendra's house. I knock the door softly and almost immediately the door opens as I meet a beautiful pair of brown eyes staring right back at me.