Chapter 32

Shawn's POV:

I'm in the locker room but I can hear the loud music from the arena and the crowd. This seems to be a fight everyone was waiting to see. Everyone I've previously fought were local, the people were excited to see me fight someone who isn't from here.

I have heard of this fighter before, Frank had been trying to get him to come but it was never possible. I believe now they heard of my 0 loses record and wanted to be the one to break it. We'll see about that.

I hear the door open and see Frank walk in. "Ready?" He asks me.

"Always."

"Okay I will go check if they are ready."

"Wait Frank, can you check if there's a girl like this tall," I say putting my hand a little below my shoulders, "very beautiful with long brown hair out there please?"

He gives me a are-you-kidding-me look and I put my hands as if I were to pray.

"Please?"

"Ay Shawnsito." He says as he exits the room and I smile knowing that is my cue he is going to do it.

Minutes later he comes back with Brian. I open my eyes wide when I see them come in together and immediately start hoping he didn't mention anything about me asking for Kendra.We go over a few techniques followed by a resume about this guys fighting story to know what I was about to go against. He's had lost only a couple of lost matches, seems to be one of Quebec's best fighters but I'm not too worried. I know what I am capable of and have confidence in me, but then again anything could happen.

Brian goes away to get his stuff ready, leaving me and Frank alone.

"Did you check for the girl?"

"Yes Shawn and they were hundreds of girls out there." He says and I roll my eyes. Great. "Worry about this later, right now I need you to focus ok?" He adds and I nod.
I know this is as important for him as it is for me. If I fail, he would also be failing and neither of us want that. Once Brian is ready we walk out and stand on the entrance that will take me from the hall of the locker rooms towards the arena.

As we stand there waiting for my name to be called and presented,I look towards the crowd and I see her, standing next to Avianna clapping and cheering for me just like everyone else is. I automatically feel a smile on my face appear. I shake my head and try to get it in the game, It was time to focus and win this fight.

The other fighter was announced and the spot light was on him. He walks in, his team with a very confident face. After knowing his record, I can see why. He approached the boxing ring as Frank talks to me one more time, making sure I don't fee intimidated by him, which I am not. His record and mine is pretty similar, only difference is he has more fights under his belt.

The man arrives to the ring and we meet in the middle. Meanwhile the referee goes through the rules, he stays moving and making eye contact with me. I maintain the eye contact too, he's not going to intimidate me for sure, for starters I'm taller then him. Once the referee is done, I stretch my arms to bump our gloves, he looks at them, then up at me, smirks and bumps them. Ohh this is going to be a good one, it's show time.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kendra's POV:

I've witnessed a couple of Shawn's fight already but so far, this was the most close one. Not even Neto, whose ego was bigger than his fighting skills, gave Shawn a fight like the one this fighter did. Shawn, as the great athlete and fighter he is, took the win, but also took a couple of punches that left him bruised up.  I spent the fight sitting down, standing up, nervously playing with my fingers, standing up some more to cheer for Shawn, and I'm not going to lie, the times he got punched badly, I was worried for him.