Chapter 17

My alarm rings and I reach out to turn it off. It's 7:00am on the day my life changes. I have to be at the airport at noon but I still have things to do before leaving so I jump off my bed and get in to the shower. I dress myself in a blue hoodie and black yoga pants with my converse and my hair down to let it air dry. I meet my dad and Nora outside and we head out to run last minute errands.

After some shopping and a family breakfast, we are at the airport. I walk pulling one of my cases and my dad has the other one. They walk me all the way to check in,after they couldn't anymore. I turn around to find Nora in tears already. Seeing her like that breaks my heart. I reach out to hug her and she lets a loud cry out making me cry.

"Oh Nora don't cry. I'll come visit and you and dad can come visit me too."

"I know honey it's just in your 18 years of life we've never been apart for so long. I'm really going to miss you. The house will feel empty without you."

"I will miss you too." I say and she smiles. She's right. Nora has been with me all the time. Any accomplishment or any fail I had, she has always been there. She's more than a just nanny, she's the mother my biological mum decided to not be.

She continues sobbing and I let go off her to hug my dad. He doesn't say anything he just hugs me back. I know he is trying his hardest to be strong and make this easy for me, but in reality, whether he cries or not, this isn't easy.

"Let me know as soon as you arrive to Toronto, and call me once you are settled in. You're new to the city so watch what you do, who you talk to, where you go.."

"Dad." I cut him off and laugh.

"I'm sorry I just- I'm going to miss you a lot." He says hugging me again.

"Me too daddy."

"Passengers bound for the city of Toronto, Canada please board by gate 3" A females voice says though the speakers.

"Ok that's me," I say grabbing my cases. "I love you guys so much. Never forget that."

"Love you too" they both say at the same time.

I turn around and feel the tears roll down my cheeks. I walk without looking back because i know that if I look back and see my dad's eyes one more time, I'm not going anywhere.

Once I'm in my plane I plug my earphones to listen to Little Mix, my favorite band. And I close my eyes, just thinking of what will be of me now. I decided to take on this journey with no idea what I will get out of it. I open my eyes and the memories of the last couple of months come back to me. The good and the bad, I feel emotional leaving it all behind. I cry for what seemed the 26th time today. I close my eyes and hope this 7+ hours go by fast.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Tom's POV:

These past days have been the worst. I've been in my room most of the time, alone with my thoughts. I didn't feel any better after talking to Kendra, it was actually the other way around. I feel worse for seeing her the way I did, she had never cried so much, been so sad and upset, until I fucked up. The guilt is eating me alive. I haven't spoken to anyone since I spoke to her. I've been ignoring Harrison, David, Paige.. ugh Paige. Which part of "I don't want you, it was a mistake" she doesn't understand?

I'm going through my photos seeing all the good memories I have with my girl. Oh how I wish I could bring them back. Or maybe I can? Maybe I can make her forgive me? I can win her back. I can show her how sorry I am and how much I regret what I did and she'll take me back. Yes, that's what I will do. But I need help, and I know exactly who is the only person that can help me.

After a few minutes driving, I'm outside my cousin's house. I see Harrison's car outside, perfect. Everly is still not talking to me so I'm assuming she's still mad, but with Harrison's help I'm sure she will end up helping me. I walk up to the door and knock twice. My aunt Olivia opens the door.

"Oh Tom how lovely to see you." She says as she hugs me.

"Hi auntie, is Everly home?"

"Yes she's in the patio with Harrison, go on."

"Thank you." I say giving her a smile and walk towards the back.

I get closer to the open door that leads to the backyard and I accidentally overhear their conversation.

"He is going to find out eventually Ev, and he's going to ask questions." Haz says.

"I know but for now you still can't say a thing ok? Damn Haz, i still can't believe Kendra is leaving the country."

"What?" They both turn to look at me surprised. "What did you just say Everly?"

They look at each other but neither of them is answering me. I start to feel anger for them not responding me and fear, fear of loosing her.

"Where is Kendra going?" I walk closer to her. "Where!?" I say loudly making her stand up and face me.

"Hey mate relax, don't talk to your cousin like that." Haz says and I give a step back

"She's leaving Thomas, she's leaving England to be as far as possible from you."

Her last words I was barely able to understand. I don't think twice before storming out of her house and running to my car. Everly and Harrison running behind me telling me to stop.

"Where do you think you're going?" Everly says stopping me.

"The airport, I need to stop this madness. She can't leave. Her whole life is here."

"You can't do that." She says standing in front of me in the middle of the street.

"Everly for gods sake move!" I say but she doesn't move.

"I can't! I'm sorry cousin."

I grab her arms and push her to the side carefully. Regardless of her being on my damn nerves right now, she is a female and my family I would never hurt her. Plus i don't want any problems with Harrison.

I sprint towards my car and right before I get in I hear Everly yell from the middle of the street where she's still standing.

"It's late now Tom. Her plane left 25 minutes ago."

I stand still. My biggest fear happened. I lost her. I lost the girl of my life. And it was no ones fault but my own. The tears in my eyes are now scrolling down my face. I turn to see Everly who is also crying and Harrison is holding her. They knew. They knew she was leaving and didn't tell me a thing. Why wouldn't they? I feel the anger boil inside me and I slam my car door.

"Where did she go?" I ask Everly who only looks down. "Where did she go Everly? Fuck" desperation is now taking over me.

"Don't talk to her like that Tom." Haz said again.

"Well you tell me then since you seem to know more than you say."

"I don't know, I found out yesterday that she was leaving but I don't know where, I swear."

"Why didn't you tell me? I should've known."

"For what?" Everly speaks now. "To stop her from leaving?" I attempt to respond but she keeps going. "If her best friend, her father, her nanny, weren't able to change her mind, what makes you think you would've been able to? You are the reason she left." She says stepping forward from behind Harrison. "So you can yell at me all you want, be mad for all I care, but I am never telling you where she go."

I stand there and take her words in. She's right, Kendra didn't want to see me let alone talk to me. I wouldn't have been able to convince her of nothing. Everly and Harrison walk back to her house and I'm left there, alone with my own pain.

I walk back to my car and once I'm inside the memories of the last couple of months haunt me. I let out a big cry as I'm hitting my steering wheel. The impotence of not knowing where she is or what to do to gain her back makes me angry. I have to find her. I have to do it on my own sine I know my cousin is not gonna help. She couldn't have gone far, she doesn't have family outside of England. Where could my sweet girl be at?