Chapter 9

The next month flew by. We are now on winter break and tomorrow is Christmas. My winter break has consisted on looking into NYU information. Dorms, the school newspapers, courses they offer, you know in case I get accepted.

Since Tom and I are going together he decided it's better to live off campus and together. The idea of spending every day with him excites me. Our relationship is better than ever. Ever since we started our now very active sexual life, I feel like our relationship is 100% complete and I'm very happy. I can't believe that in just a few more months I will be studying something I'm passionate about and living with the person I love the most.

"Hello, earth calling Kendra." Everly brings me back from my thoughts.

"Yeah what?"

"Which shirt should I get for Haz? Paige is not being very helpful." She says holding up a red and a navy blue button up shirts.

"Everly I already told you he's your boyfriend if somebody here knows what he likes it's you." Paige complaints looking through the shirts.

"She's right, which one you think he'll like?" I ask.

She thinks for a second. "Maybe the red one, he would definitely look good in it."

We laugh and she throws the blue one back.

"What did you get for Tom?" She asks me.

"Nothing yet, what do you get for someone who has it all?"

"Something special that he doesn't have obviously." Paige says.

"You're right Everly she's not very helpful." I say as we make our way to the cashier.

Today is Christmas Eve and as always I leave everything to the last moment, I still haven't bought anything for my boyfriend. I already got my dad and Nora something, but I always have such a hard time buying gifts for Tom. As we leave the store and we talk about our plans for tonight, we pass by a new store where you can find all kinds of cool things, customized shirts, mugs, tumblrs and more.

I decide to go in and the girls follow after me. I start looking at some wallets, continuing on some t shirts and it's there where I spot it. A Spiderman mug. 2 things Tom loves, tea and Spider-Man, this is perfect. I grab it and smile at it.

"You can't be serious Kendra? A mug?" Paige says behind me.

"Yeah," I turn to face them. "I'm sure he'll love it."

She rolls her eyes and Everly looks at me confused. Okay I admit it, I am horrible at giving gifts. I literally got my dad a tie and Nora a blouse for the third year in a row.

I walk to the cashier to pay for the mug and she puts in a little gift box. Huh, I won't even have to worry about wrapping it. Cool.

After a few more rounds to the mall, we finally say our goodbyes and go our different ways. I will not be seeing Everly this Christmas Eve since she will be spending it with Harrison's family and not hers, AKA Tom's family, but we will hang out tomorrow to have a double date lunch like every other year.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Kendra honey let's go, your dad has the car ready." I hear Nora from downstairs.

"Going" I yell back looking at my self one more time in the mirror. I am wearing a black dress with an opening on my left leg. On top a fur coat because it's cold as ice out there and my hair straight.

I grab my gifts and run downstairs to leave to the Holland's home.

"You put all the gifts in the trunk Nora?"