Chapter 39

"Come on Kendra, you can't stay in bed another day. I won't let you!" Avianna argues with me as she trying to pull me up.

"I really don't want to do anything, please."

"No you said you were going, and you're going. Come on, up up up." She says clapping.

It's Saturday and Nyla's sister wedding day. This whole past week I've been in my room. I haven't left even for breakfast. I don't want to see anyone. My dad was in Canada until Wednesday, when I finally spoke to him on the phone. He came to look for me at least twice a day but I didn't want to see him. So when I finally answered his phone call and asked him for time, he was able to return home. Miss Sidney was out of campus this week and didn't bother me to either. And Shawn, well he is mainly the reason why I haven't left my room. I really don't want to see him and i know he is here. I feel bad for the way I reacted last time we kissed, but it was true. At the moment I couldn't think of anything else but my whole mum situation. Nyla let us know yesterday before going home that she got Shawn a small gig at her sister's wedding since I had mentioned shawn sings, Nyla mentioned it to her family and they wanted to give him a chance to put himself out there.

"Kendra, honey." Avianna says sounding like a parent. "I know you are going through some shit right now, but you can't  just hide Kendra, you can't run forever. You did it in London and you're doing it here, what's next? You moving to South America until the next inconvenience happens and you run again?" She asks and I lower my head. She is right. I don't know how to face my problems, I run from them.

"I am not telling you what to do or how to fix your problems, but until you don't face them, they won't be fixed." She says giving my hand a small squish before standing up and going to the bathroom.

I contemplate her words and she is completely right. I can't keep running away from everything that happens to me. I can't keep hiding from the situations I have to face, just hoping they'll disappear. I shouldn't have to hide from miss Sydney nor Shawn, and I won't.

"Avianna," I say pounding on the bathroom door. "Hurry up, I gotta get ready for the wedding too."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Shawn's POV:

"I'm so nervous bro I think I'm going to shit my pants."

"Okay I did not need to know that." Brian says back with a disgusted face.

"I'm kidding obviously." I laugh.

Brian and I had been here for a while but in the back of the venue. I hadn't performed at a party before, well aside from my family's events of course, so my nerves are through the roof. I practice with the guitar in the back for a little before they come to get me. I will be doing covers of famous artist like Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars who are Nathaly's, Nyla's sister, favorite artists. I was surprised when Nyla reached out to have me perform. I am a nobody, why would they want me? She let me know Kendra had mentioned I have a beautiful singing voice and this would be her sister's wedding gift from her. She wanted to pay me but I refused, the fact that she's letting me do this for her means more to me than any money. She did mention that if her parents like what I do, they would be giving me a small donation. Nyla is a literal angel.

"Okay it's time Shawn are you ready?" She asks.

"Yeah, yeah." I say shaking my whole body as if it would get rid of the nervous feeling I have right now.

"Okay I will go announce you and when you hear your name you go out through here." She says pointing to a side exit leading to the small stage at the end of the venue and I nod. "Oh by the way," she says before leaving. "She's here."