Chapter 14

I wake up hours later in the same spot I was earlier. I hear Nora calling my name from downstairs. I fully wake up and remember that he was here. My heart aches a little at the memory of his confession.

I need to go out. I've been in this room crying for way too long. I need some air, some sunlight. I grab my phone and head towards the front door.

"I'll be back Nora, I'm going to the park." I say as I leave the house. I can hear her say something but I can't figure out what it is.

The park is walking distance from my house. It feels good being out here. It's a bit cloudy but we still have some warmth. I try my hardest to not think about him but everything reminds me of him. This is exactly why I need to get out of here

I walk around the park a few times then head out to the swings. I have all the intention of swinging myself high but my thoughts overcome me and I just sit there feeling completely sad.

"Hey" I hear a voice behind me and my heart stops.

"What are you doing here?" I say standing up and turning around to face Paige.

"I went to your house, Nora told me I could find you here. I want to talk to you."

Ugh why would Nora tell her where I am? That's right she doesn't know, to her Paige is still one of my best friend and not a backstabbing whore.

"About what?" I mentally slap myself as soon as I say the question.

"Tom, what happened."

"I already talked to Tom I don't want to know more." I see confusion in her face. Is she surprised I spoke to him?

"You know his side, not mine."

"Oh wait, so on your side of the story you didn't sleep with my boyfriend?" I sarcastically ask and she looks down.

I sigh. "I don't want to know any more details or how things happened, I just want to know why? Why did you do this to me? You knew Tom was everything to me. Why-?"

"Because I love him." She cuts me off. I look at her surprised and she turns her eyes to the ground. "I'm in love with Tom."

She left me speechless. I literally don't know what to say, all I do is stare at her in disbelief. Paige's blue eyes seem to have a few tears forming.

"I've been in love with Tom since I met him when he transferred schools. But he always paid attention to you. I would try and be more friendly with him but he always seemed to only have eyes for you." She says in a tone I know she's trying to make me feel guilty. "Then he asked you out and i understood that he wasn't for me. But i saw how he was with you, how caring and respectful, how sweet and romantic, how he treated you in general, and it made me loved him more. It made me want him more."

She lets out a sigh. "I wanted that for me and it's selfish of me to admit it but yes I wanted him even though he was yours. I was sure I would never have a chance with him, so I created that chance. I knew how insecure you were about having sex and I also knew that Tom is a man and they have their needs. I knew he would be vulnerable with some alcohol in his system. I made myself believe if I gave him what you weren't he would then leave you for me. I had it all planned but he didn't really fell in love with me after that. Not yet at least."

Did she-? Did she just say that?

She can see that I'm still not saying a word before continuing. "Once you and him started doing it he totally ghosted me," she says in a sad tone and then shakes her head as if she is putting her thoughts in order. "But anyways, I just want to let you know that I really didn't want to hurt you and you really are one of my best friends and I care for you. But I love him more and I want to be with him so I will not stop trying until he is mine. I'm sorry."

Her words hurt more than if I were stabbed a hundred times. I can't believe she has the audacity of telling me all of this now.

"Why didn't you tell me anything before?"

"Because you two were dating and I-"

"No before that, you said you love him since he transferred schools and when he did we weren't dating yet."

"Because I seen he liked you and I could tell you liked him too and you were my best friend, I didn't want to get in between-"

I cut her off by laughing hard. "So you didn't want to 'get in between us' when we were barely growing feelings for each other, yet you decided to do it when we were a whole couple. Wow how caring of you." I continue laughing.

"Look Kendra I already apologized and was completely honest with you, however you take it it's up to you now." She says and anger takes complete over me.

"You know what Paige? I really loved you as a sister and you have no idea how bad your betrayal hurt. This is the boy I've loved for 10 years! 10 years that you've been with me giving me advice and hearing me out when needed, i cried to you many times when we argued and i would tell you when we made up. I now know why you insisted so much on me not having sex with him, because you wanted to be the one doing it. You knew that once we were having sex, you wouldn't have that 'control' over him that you wanted. That would make you feel as if he was yours. And now you're here telling me all this with no fucking shame. But you know what, I don't need your apology or your shit excuses. So take your bullshit apology back and you can keep that bullshit of a man too for all i care, i don't want to know about either one of you. And i said it to Tom but I'll say it to you too, i want you out of my life for good." I say breathless and with tears.

She doesn't say a thing but I see her tears are gone and there is no remorse in her eyes. Fake, that's all she is.

I start walking pass her and when I'm a few steps away, is stop and turn to her she still hasn't moved at all. "Oh and please tell Tom to leave me alone."

As soon as I finish my sentence she turns so fast to face me. I see anger in her face. Whoops. I decide to run back home letting my emotions out. I cry the whole way I stop a few houses before to let some loud cries out. Everything that's going on is too much to handle. My life just did a 360 turn and changed completely. Why me?

I arrive home and hear Nora is in the kitchen. I clear the reminder tears and walk in to the kitchen.

"Honey your face is so red, have you been crying?" She also concerned as I served some cold water from the fridge.

"No not at all I just ran back from the park. I'm really tired and thirsty. I say sipping down my water. It feels like heaven.

"Oh okay, Paige came to look for you i told her you were at the park, did you get to see her?"

Memories of what just happened come back to me. "Yes I did, thank you." I say as I'm leaving the kitchen but just before I do, I turn to ask Nora what time  my dad would be arriving tomorrow.

"Really early honey, you'll probably still be asleep by then." She says as she continues cutting veggies.

I thank her and go to my room. I sit on my bed just thinking on what a day I had. I faced both, Tom and Paige and their different stories in the same day. To Tom, Paige and what happened was a mistake and don't want to do it again. To Paige, Tom and what happened was everything. See that's why I need to leave, i don't want to have to see them together as a couple, I wouldn't be able to bare it.

I shake those thoughts away, jump in the shower and get myself ready to sleep. I look at my computer and see the website to the school I want to go in Canada. I know I need this, I have a feeling that this will be the best decision of my life. I just need to make my dad see it too.