23-TWENTY THREE🧡

Naming ceremony..

Asmau

"Ma shaa Allah. May Allah bless them," one of Aunty's friends prayed.

"Ameen, ameen," we all chorused together.

Today marked the naming ceremony of the twins, and our house was filled to the brim with well-wishers. The atmosphere buzzed with excitement as everyone showered the twins with prayers and gifts. We were in the room with Ibty, some of my sisters, and friends. Afeena was with Ibty, while I was feeding Afeen.

"Ma shaa Allah. I swear these twins are so cute. I wish I could go home with them," Maryam said, admiring the babies.

"Of course, you can," I teased.

"Ah ah. I don't want Yaya Abubakar to cut my head off," she replied, and we all laughed together.

"Asmau, I think I will get going," Ya Salma announced, getting up from the bed.

"Ya Salma, isn't it too soon?" I asked, with a slight pout.

"Asmau, I'm really sorry. I have something to do, and you know I don't like crowds. But I'll find time to come back and see my niece and nephew again, In shaa Allah."

"Okay, I'll drop Afeen, then escort you out," I offered.

"No, don't stress yourself, sis," she replied.

"No, Yaya, I insist," I said and passed Afeen to Rukkaya.

Carrying my veil, Ya Salma and I walked out of my room. The house was abuzz with people eating, chatting, and children running around. It was packed to the brim with guests.

"Salma, are you leaving already?" Ya Aminah asked, balancing two plates of food, probably taking them to her friends.

"Yes, Ya Aminah. I have some things to do," Ya Salma replied.

"Okay, see you at home," Ya Aminah said before returning to her task.

I escorted Ya Salma outside, and we bid each other goodbye. After she left, I went back inside. "Mummyyyyy," Noorie came running to me.

"Noorie, you've spoiled your dress. What did you spill on it?" I inquired.

"Mummy, I drank Zobo, and then it spilled on my dress," she replied with a pout.

"Clumsy Noorie. Have you eaten?" I asked.

"Yes. Yaa Mama served me, Mima, Nahar, and Aneesa," she listed my nieces and her friends.

"Alright. Where's Ya Feeyah?" I inquired.

"She's with her friends."

"Go and call her; tell her to meet me in my room," I instructed.

"Okay, I will, Mama."

"Noorie, come; let's continue playing," one of her cousins said and playfully dragged her away.

I returned to the room and found the twins fast asleep. The girls were conversing, so I decided to grab my phone and lie down on the bed to catch up on my social media. Prayers and well-wishes from family and friends flooded in. I replied to some and saved others for later.

The door creaked open, and Feeyah walked in, approaching me. "Mama, I'm here," she announced with a warm smile.

"Feeyah, go and find your siblings first. After that, head to your Daddy's room and wait for me. I want to get your dresses ready for the photoshoot," I instructed.

"Okay, Mama, but I haven't seen Ansar," she replied.

"I'm sure he's with his friends in the backyard. Check there. Have you eaten?"