12-TWELVE💜

ASMAU

After Abubakar returned from work and we had dinner, we went up to our room. I couldn't hold back myself anymore, so I decided to bring up the topic.

"You guys finished work early today?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

"Yeah, there wasn't much to do," he replied.

"I have a question for you," I began, my tone serious. He looked surprised but nodded for me to continue.

"Is it true that you had dinner with Iman last week?" I asked.

He hesitated for a moment before responding, "Yes, but--"

"Why wasn't I informed?" I interjected, with a straight look.

"It was a business dinner," he responded, with a guilty expression. Yes, you should feel bad.

"Are you partners with her company?" I asked, raising an eyebrow in disbelief.

"Yes, her father's company. It wasn't just the two of us. My workers and our other partners were there too. But how did you find out?" he inquired, genuinely surprised.

"I found out from Iman herself. You should have trusted me enough to tell me about your partnership with her company. Instead, I had to hear it from her," I smiled bitterly, my voice filled with disappointment.

"I knew you would react like this, Asmau. That's why I didn't tell you. And where did you meet up with her?" he questioned, curiously.

"I went to her house to confront her, to set her limits because apparently, you couldn't do that! And you know what? She finally confessed that she still loves you and wants you back. Do you believe me now?" I asked, tears welling up in my eyes.

"Please, Asmau, don't go to her house again. I don't want anything to happen to you or the baby. And just know that you're the only woman I love on this earth. Trust me," he pleaded, coming closer to comfort me.

"How can I trust you if you don't trust me enough to share all your secrets?" I questioned.

"Don't say that, my love. I trust you with everything in me. I just don't want you to get hurt, Hayatie," he reassured me.

"Abubakar, I'm so tired. You always say you trust me, but you don't show it. I'm tired, so, so tired," I expressed, feeling exhausted.

As we continued talking, a sudden sharp pain shot through my stomach, causing me to cry out in pain.

"What is it?" Abubakar rushed to my side, his concern evident.

"Ouch! It hurts!" I clutched my stomach, feeling a wet sensation between my legs. My heart sank as I looked down and saw blood.

"Blood," I whispered, looking up at him and my jaw dropped to the floor.

"What blood?" he asked, panic creeping into his voice.

"My baby, Abubakar. My baby," I sobbed.

"Calm down. We have to get to the hospital," he said, his voice filled with urgency. He lifted me in his arms, carrying me in a bridal style.

"It hurts so much, Innalillahi," I repeated, as we hurried downstairs to the car.

Abubakar

When I saw blood on Asmau's gown, fear gripped me. I carefully carried her and we hurried downstairs, her cries and moans of pain echoing through the house.

"Daddy, what's wrong with mommy?" the kids asked, their faces filled with worry.

"Don't worry, babies. Mommy will be fine. Saratu, please take care of the kids and call Maryam. Let her know that I'm taking Asmau to the hospital," I instructed quickly. I rushed to the car, gently placing Asmau in the backseat, and drove off to the hospital.