10-TEN💛

ASMAU

It had been two weeks since the incident with Safeeya, and today Abubakar went with the kids to pick her up. They would visit their grandma's house and then come home. I hoped that Safeeya had changed for the better.

I picked up my car keys and headed to the parking lot. I planned to visit some of my siblings and then go to Mimi's house to check on the wedding preparations.

After visiting my siblings, I arrived at Mimi's home. Her mother and some relatives were already there, probably for the wedding. After exchanging pleasantries, I made my way to Mimi's room where I found Ibty and Farhan.

"Look who came to visit!" they all exclaimed, and I laughed settling down on the bed.

"I don't owe any of you an apology except for our dear bride here," I said, hugging Mimi.

"Thank you, Ma'u, but I'm still mad at you," she replied playfully.

"Come on, Mimi, I said I'm sorry," I pouted, pretending to be hurt.

"I'll accept your apology only if you promise to make me the godmother to your baby," she teased.

"What? Okay, In shaa Allah, you'll be the godmother of my baby," I agreed, chuckling.

"That's great! So, I heard that your husband's ex is back," she said, trying to get the latest gossip.

"Who told you?" I asked, slightly surprised, and she pointed at Ibty, who pretended to be innocent.

"Ibty, why did you tell them?" I playfully threw a pillow at her.

"I'm glad she told us since you couldn't. I was hurt, Asmau. Aren't we best friends anymore?" Farhan asked, feigning hurt.

"No, Farhan, it's not like that. It's just not easy for me to talk about it. It wasn't even easy telling Ibty, I swear. It hurts. So, I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys," I explained, my chest tightening.

"No, it's okay. We understand, Asmau. Don't worry, we're here for you. We're all here to help solve your problems," Farhan reassured me.

"Thank you. I appreciate it a lot," I said, taking in a deep breath.

We chatted for another hour before I decided to leave. When I arrived home, Abubakar and the kids hadn't returned yet, so I decided to cook dinner with Saratu keeping me company. After the food was done, I went upstairs and took a shower.

As I emerged from the bathroom, wrapped in a towel, I heard noises coming from downstairs. They were back.

I quickly got dressed in a simple gown and hurried downstairs. Noorie and Ansar rushed to hug me.

"Yes, my babies," I said, kissing them.

"Mami said we should greet you," they grinned.

"Aww, that's so nice," I replied.

I turned to Safeeya, and she smiled at me. I smiled back, feeling relieved. "Safeeya, how are you?" I asked, reaching out to her.

"I'm fine. You?" she replied, somewhat hesitantly.

"Same, dear. We missed you," I stated, hoping to mend things between us.

"Me too," she said softly.

"Am I invisible that my wife can't welcome me?" Abubakar joked, coming over to me.

"Oh, come on, don't be a baby," I playfully hit his arm.

"Kids, you see, your mom bullies me," Abubakar joked, pretending to be hurt.