45-FORTY FIVE💛

8 MONTHS LATER

ABUBAKAR

"What the hell is this, Frank? This isn't the report you are to submit to me, is it?" I asked, frustration clear in my voice.

"Sir, I'm sorry, this is the report--" he began, but I cut him off.

"I'm confused. Why are you even submitting any report to me? Who is the head of your department?"

"It's Miss Leemah, sir."

"Then go give her this report. Don't ever try this again. If you don't know how to do your job, then you may leave, because nobody is forcing you to stay!" I spat.

"I beg your pardon, sir. It won't happen again," he apologized and quickly exited the office.

"Bro, you've got to calm down. Don't take your anger out on our staff," Najib spoke as soon as he walked into the office.

I sighed. "Najib, please. You have no idea what I'm going through, so don't lecture me."

"Of course, I do. The fact that your wife left you is affecting y--"

"Najib, don't you dare," I warned, pointing a finger at him.

"But I'm just saying the truth. Every little thing makes you angry now. Dude, you have to stop this. Where's our cheerful Abubakar? I understand your pain, but at least calm down bro."

"No, Najib, you don't understand my pain. Nobody understands my pain. Eight months, Najib. It's been eight months, and I still haven't laid my eyes on her. I don't even know whether she's alright or not. Besides, I don't think I can ever return to my old self except if she returns back to me. I'm still hoping for that. I'm really--" The sound of my phone interrupted me.

"It's the private investigator," I informed Najib before answering the call.

"Hello, Hamza."

"Hello, Abubakar. Can we meet today?" He asked.

"Yeah, sure. Come meet me in my office today."

"Okay, sir."

"Is there any news about my wife?" I asked.

"That's what I want to talk to you about, Abubakar. The thing is, there's no improvement. I still haven't found her."

"I knew that's what you'd say. It's okay. Goodbye," I said and hang up.

"So?" Najib asked.

"Nothing. He didn't find Asmau."

"God, this is the third private investigator you've hired, right?"

"Yeah, and they all didn't find her. I think I'll just give up. If she doesn't return, then I'll move on. If I can do that, of course," I chuckled dryly.

"Patience, bro. I hope you've prepared for tomorrow's trip?" He asked, pouring himself a glass of water.

"Yeah, about the trip, can't we postpone it?" I asked.

"Come on, Abubakar, this is an important project. If we don't go, we will lose a lot, bro. We can't joke with that."

I groaned. "I know, but I don't think I'm ready to go to Kastina right now."

"Don't you see, this is a great way for you to get your mind off things? Besides, I heard they have a lot of beautiful ladies," he winked, and I threw a pen at him, which he dodged.

"You're an idiot, Najib. My heart belongs to only Asmau, so you better shut your trap." I warned.

"Chill, I was only joking, dude," he laughed and continued, "So now, when you get home, you better start packing your things, because Kastina, here we come."