51-FIFTY ONE🖤

ASMAU

"Breakfast in bed! Wakey wakey!" A cheerful voice suddenly woke me from my slumber.

"Adda Zahra g--" I began to speak, but my words caught in my throat when I saw Aleena standing there. I had almost forgotten that I was still in this strange situation.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty," she greeted with an odd cheerfulness.

"Why the sudden change in attitude today?" I asked, puzzled by her behavior.

"Oh, do you not like it? I can easily go back to my usual self," she replied, her tone shifting.

"Whatever," I muttered to myself and focused on the tray of food she had brought - pancakes, butter, jam, and a cup of tea.

"Do you like it?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"So, what else would you like?" Aleena inquired.

"Aleena, I want my phone," I replied.

She laughed dryly. "Do you think I'm that foolish? Why would I give you your phone?"

"Then don't bother asking me what I want, since you have no intention of fulfilling my wishes," I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"I'm sorry if I disappointed you. But you know what? How about we get you a television? It might help kill your boredom," she suggested.

"Sure," I whispered.

"Okay, then. Eat up, Asmau," she said, turning to leave.

"Wait," I called out.

"What now?" she asked.

"If your boss wants money, I'll give it to him. Just please contact my husband and tell him you've kidnapped me," I pleaded.

Alina chuckled. "Oh, Asmau, just eat your food."

"Aleena, please, I really can't stay here any longer," I pleaded.

"Why not, Asmau? You usually get everything you want, don't you?" she questioned.

"I need to go back to my family," I replied.

"You mean the family you left?" she countered.

"I didn't leave them, Aleena," I insisted.

"Then what happened?" She frowned.

"It's none of your business," I replied curtly.

"Fine," she huffed. "Just eat your meal. I'm going."

I sighed and got up, heading into the bathroom. The bathroom window was too small for an escape, and I was beginning to feel increasingly trapped. I needed to find a way out of this place.

*

Aleena entered the room, accompanied by a guy struggling to hold a brand new television. "Wait," she ordered, assessing the room. "It's better if we hang it on the wall, right?" She turned to the guy, who nodded.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Frying plantain," she replied sarcastically, earning an eye roll from me. "Can't you see we're trying to set up your television?" She continued.

"Aleena, stop stressing yourself, just let me go, please," I pleaded, standing up from the couch.

The guy turned to her, and she instructed him, "Guy, let's go get the tools." Then, she faced me. "I suggest you stop dreaming about leaving because it won't happen anytime soon." With that, they left the room.