24-TWENTY FOUR💜

7 months later

ASMAU

So much has transpired in the past few months, a whirlwind of both good and challenging events. Here's a summary of what unfolded:

First and foremost, Mimi tied the knot just a week after the twins' naming ceremony. She and her husband are now living in Lagos, and we miss her dearly. Her life has taken a new and exciting turn as she is currently pregnant.

Secondly, there was a tragic incident involving Abubakar's cousin, Layla, four months ago. She was struck by a car, and her passing shook the family to its core. The circumstances surrounding her accident are still under investigation, as the driver fled the scene. We hope the police will find the culprit soon, and may her soul rest in peace.

Thirdly, our twins have now reached the age of seven months, and Alhamdulillah, they are growing up so fast. They've begun to crawl bringing a new level of mischief, especially our little troublemaker, Afeen. They've also started on solid foods, and they can now stand up when holding onto something for support.

"Safeeya, please collect that remote from Afeen's hands," I ordered, frustration tingeing my voice.

"Feen feen, why are you being so naughty? You love to place anything in your mouth, don't you?" Safeeya scolded while taking back the remote. Afeen just gazed at her, his innocent eyes wondering what the fuss was about.

"Just take him away from the television," I sighed.

"Okay," she obliged.

"Mummy, where's Daddy?" Ansar's curious voice chimed in as he entered the room.

"He's out. What's going on?" I asked, staring at him.

"He promised to take me to Jabir's house to play ball."

"You've been going there all week; it might be a good idea to stay home today," Safeeya advised, arching an eyebrow at her brother.

"I won't stay home, and Feeyah, if I'm talking to Mummy, you better stop sticking your nose into the matter," Ansar warned.

"I won't. What will you do?" She challenged, "Mummy, Wallahi, warn Ansar," she added with a pretend scowl.

"Enough, both of you" I scolded, putting an end to their argument, and causing Afeen to look up at me with curiosity.

"Ansar, your Daddy can take you to Jabir's house tomorrow. Please be patient," I tried to reason with him.

"But Mummy, I promised Jabir I'd come today."

"Well, your Daddy isn't here right now. What do you want me to do?" I inquired.

"I swear, this is so unfair!" He stormed away, his frustration evident.

"Ansar, Ansar," I called, after him.

"Mama, just let him be," Safeeya said, rolling her eyes.

"Drop Afeen and go check if Afeena is awake," I ordered, feeling a bit overwhelmed. Safeeya promptly followed my instructions.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Ibty's number.

"Maman two!" she exclaimed as soon as she answered, her enthusiasm ringing loudly through the phone.

"Ibteesam, when are you going to get some sense?" I hissed, playfully.

"When I become a parent."

"You better start looking for a husband, then," I chuckled.

"Don't even start with me. Umma just finished lecturing me about marriage," Ibty groaned.

"Well, it might be for the best," I teased. Safeeya came downstairs with Afeena, whom she passed to me.