52-FIFTY TWO💜

ASMAU

I gasped, my breath caught in my throat, and my eyes widened in shock as I look up.

"YOU?!" I exclaimed.

*

My brain momentarily stutters as every part of me goes on pause while my thoughts catch up. I just stand there, unable to move. "Abubakar?" I called out, my voice filled with confusion.

"H....how...are you here?" I stammer.

"Asmau, I—" He doesn't finish his sentence before I wrapped my arms around him. In that moment, nothing else matters except the fact that my beloved Abubakar, the love of my life, my zawj, my other half, my soulmate, and so much more, is here with me.

I'm sure he came here to rescue me. It was foolish of me to ask how he got here. I never lost hope that he would find me. I just knew it.

"Asmau, I need to tell you something," he says after we broke our hug.

I held onto his hands tightly. "No, Abubakar, you can tell me later because right now, we have to get out of here, or else—" My sentence was cut short when Aleena walks in behind Abubakar.

"It's her, Abubakar. They abducted me," I explain, quickly moving closer to Abubakar and clutching onto him. I'm terrified, but with my husband here, I feel safe.

"I'm sorry; I didn't know she got out."

What?

Who is she apologizing to?

With Abubakar's arm wrapped protectively around me, he turns his head to her and says, "It's okay, Aleena; you may leave."

"What? I'm confused," I say, pulling away from him.

"Okay, Sir," she replies before walking away.

"You know her, or what? Please explain to me," I pleaded.

Abubakar comes closer and cupped my cheeks. "Hayatie, you weren't kidnapped; I brought you here to protect you."

"What?" I whispered, feeling my world crumble. "You did what?" I ask, and suddenly, it all rushes back to me.

No wonder...

The nice room...

The good food and drinks...

The lovely clothing and everything!

I feel like such an idiot. How didn't I realize that it was all his doing?

I looked up at him, tears welling up in my eyes, my heartbeat racing. I'm unable to move. "How could you?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, Hayatie; I just had to protect you."

I felt all the anger rushing through me. "Cut that crap, Abubakar! Protect who!? Am I a child that I need you to protect me!? And protect me from who and what!? I can't believe you would stoop this low!! YOU'RE UNBELIEVABLE!!" I yelled.

"Just let me explain," he tried to touch me, but I stepped back.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!! Leave me alone!" I sent him a deadly glare before storming back into the room.

"Asmau, you're such a fool! Such a fool for not realizing that it was him! How could he do this to me?" I whispered and let the tears flow freely.

I grabbed the innocent glass cup that was kept on a tray and threw it on the floor, making it shatter into pieces. "I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!!! THIS IS ALL MY FAULT!!!" I screamed.

Abubakar walked in and looked down at the shattered glass on the floor. "Asmau, please calm down," he pleaded.

I wiped my tears and turned to face him. "You lied to me! You played me for a fool. Why?"