36-THIRTY SIX❤

ASMAU

The light of dawn filtered into the room. I rubbed my bleary eyes and attempted to get up from the bed, but a pair of strong arms around my waist held me firmly in place. I groaned and made a half-hearted attempt to push his hands away, but it was in vain.

"You're not going anywhere," he said, his eyes still closed.

"I need to make breakfast," I muttered, pouting slightly.

"Forget breakfast, just stay with me here," he replied, snuggling closer, his breath warm against my hair.

"But the kids need to eat," I protested.

"Okay, there's only one way you can escape," he said, making me arch an eyebrow.

"How?" I asked.

"Give me a kiss," he declared, and my eyes widened.

"You must be kidding," I chuckled nervously.

"I'm serious. If not, forget about going anywhere."

"Seriously? Okay, then," I said, and quickly kissed him on the cheek.

"Was that even a kiss?" he teased.

"Yes, of course," I replied.

"Okay, let's just stay in bed," he suggested, turning his head to the other side.

"Abubakar, don't forget I'm pregnant. Your child needs food," I reminded him.

"I know, but my child's mother is stubborn, just like the father," he retorted.

"Alright, I'll do what you want," I conceded.

"Really?" He turned to look at me with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah," I replied, with an eye roll.

"Okay, then I'm waiting," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him and took a deep breath, ready to fulfill his request. Just then, the sound of his phone ringing interrupted.

I sighed in relief as he picked up the call. "Hello, Abba," he said, and I used that opportunity to slip out of bed and leave the room.

After a refreshing shower and getting dressed, I made my way downstairs to prepare breakfast. As I approached the kitchen, I heard faint voices and was surprised by who I found inside.

"Lafiya?" I asked, looking at the kids in puzzlement.

"Mummy, we're preparing breakfast," Noorie grinned as she walked over to me.

"Yes, Mom, we're making pancakes. Just relax today; we're going to be your chefs," Feeyah chimed in with a smile.

"This should be fun," I murmured.

"Don't worry, just go and rest. We've got everything under control," Ansar assured me, and after a moment of hesitation, I agreed.

"Okay, but you kids should be careful," I warned.

"Okay, we will," they chorused.

"Saratu, please keep an eye on them," I instructed, and she nodded.

I made my way to the dining room and settled into one of the seats, taking out my phone to check the time.

"I'll go call Abubakar down for breakfast before they finish," I mumbled to myself, noting the time.

I stood up, heading back upstairs to Abubakar's room. I stood by the door and announced that breakfast was ready before hurrying back downstairs.

"So, is breakfast ready?" I inquired as I entered the dining room, noticing that the kids had already set the table.

"Yes, today you're going to taste our specialty," they declared confidently.