4-FOUR💜

2 weeks later

"Mr. Macaroni riding on a bicycle if you want to marry him, Mr. Macaronii, Bambam sisiliya...." Noorie sang.

"Noorie, please be quiet," Safeeya ordered.

Today, being Saturday, we were at home getting ready to visit my in-laws. I was in Noorie's room helping her get dressed, while Safeeya played games on my phone from her bed.

"Mummy, please tell Noorie to be quiet; she's disturbing my eardrums," Safeeya complained, as Noorie continued singing various rhymes just to annoy her sister.

Did I mention that Safeeya and I were starting to get along? She has even started calling me "Mummy" now. It all began when she found out I was good at making pastries and cooking, and she asked if I could teach her. We found time and I taught her different pastries and even some dishes . We became close through this, and our relationship improved, including fun family game nights we started having. I'm glad our bond is growing, just as I promised Abubakar.

"Noorie, you heard Ya Feeyah," I said, helping her put on her princess shoes.

"Mummy, Feeyah is just jealous that my voice is so sweet."

"Your voice isn't sweet; it's bitter. Ugly voice," Safeeya retorted, engrossed in her phone game.

"Feeyah, don't make me insult you," Noorie warned, taking me by surprise.

I sighed, "The both of you should quit arguing," scolding them.

"Mummy, it's Safeeya," Noorie pouted.

"Stay still, Noorie, let's fix your ribbon," I said, trying to quickly style her hair.

"Okay. Safeeya, give Mummy back her phone!" she ordered.

"I won't. What's your business?" Safeeya retorted with an eye roll.

"Mummy, tell her to give you back our phone," Noorie whined.

"Our phone? Like how? Did you buy it for her?" Safeeya shot back.

"Mummy, can you see what Feeyah is saying?" Noorie cried out.

"Don't mind her, my princess, and it's 'Ya Feeyah,' not 'Feeyah.' Call Ansar 'Ya Ansar' too. They're your elder siblings, so you should refer to them with respect. Understand, baby?" I stated, kissing her on the cheeks.

"Yes, Mummy, I will," she replied, hugging me lovingly.

My phone began ringing, and Safeeya handed it over to me. I answered it when I saw Abubakar's name on the screen.

"Aren't you all ready yet? It's not a fashion show, you know?" He chided.

I chuckled a bit. "Sorry, we are ready now." I ended the call and gathered our things before ushering the kids to the car.

As we all settled into the car, I fastened my seatbelt and noticed Abubakar staring at me intently. "Is there something wrong?" I asked, wondering if maybe he wasn't convinced about my outfit. I had chosen a blue lace Bubu with a white design, complemented by my dauri, a matching blue veil, and handbag.

"Wow! My wife looks stunning!" He complimented. 

I blushed and replied, "Thank you. You don't look bad yourself."

"Daddy, what about me?" Noorie asked, pouting.

"My princess, you look beautiful. You're the most beautiful princess in the whole wide world," he assured her.

"Noorie, you look ugly," Ansar teased.

"If I look ugly, then you look ugly too," she retorted, and that's how their bickering began until we reached the Saleem's mansion.