39-THIRTY NINE💜

ASMAU

"Ibtyyyy!" I groaned in annoyance. She shifted her attention back to the screen to look at me.

"I'm sorry," she muttered.

"I called you for help, to choose a dress for this important occasion, but you're not even listening," I complained.

"I'm really sorry, Bestfriend. I'll give you my full attention now," she promised with a grin.

"Okay, so what about this dress or this one?" I asked, holding up the dresses for her to see.

"Asmau, you know what?" She suddenly said.

"What's wrong now?" I asked, bewildered.

"Just give me some few minutes. I'll be at your house," she said and abruptly hung up.

"What?!" I exclaimed, my phone still at my hand. I sighed, leaving the dresses on the bed.

Thirty minutes later..

"I AM HERE!!!!!!" I heard Ibty's voice from the living room.

"Welcome, Idiot," I said, emerging from the kitchen.

"Are you cooking?" She asked with enthusiasm.

"Glutton," I teased. "I'm not cooking, so don't get your hopes up."

"Wicked soul," she pouted.

"Ibteesam, we don't have time for this chit chat now. Let's head to my room so you can help me decide which dress to wear," I urged, grabbing her hand.

"Why don't you consider wearing this?" She suggested, pulling out a wide-sleeve peach floral gown.

"No, I don't like it," I replied honestly, and she rolled her eyes.

"Today's dinner will be very important to Abubakar. They've been working on a long-term project for so long, and they finally completed it. So, I want to look my best, like the Mrs. Abubakar I am," I said, flipping my imaginary hair.

"You're crazy, but you're right," she agreed. "Let's go shopping."

"That's a brilliant idea," I agreed.

"It obviously is. Now, hurry and get ready; let's go."

"Okay, then." I stood up and began to prepare. I grabbed my veil, and we strolled out of the house.

"Hello, Babe," Abubakar's voice came through my phone.

"Habiby, I wanted to let you know that I'll be going shopping with Ibty. I'll be back soon, In shaa Allah."

"Okay, no problem. Do you need any money?" he inquired.

"No, don't worry. Thank you, though."

"Okay, Hayatie, take care of yourself."

"I will, habiby. Love you."

"Love you more," he responded before hanging up.

After arriving at the shopping mall, we strolled into various designer boutiques, and we couldn't resist buying several beautiful dresses. When we finished shopping, we headed back home, our hands full of shopping bags.

"I absolutely love this!" Ibty exclaimed, holding up a long A-line navy blue Taffeta dress with a high neck and long sleeves, adorned with shiny stones.

"Yes, it's stunning. I love it too!" I agreed, admiring the elegant gown.

"Alhamdulillah, now that we've found the perfect dress, let's get started on the makeup."