9-NINE❤

ASMAU

"What?!! And you allowed her to stay in your house for five weeks?! Asmau, are you nuts? And you didn't care to tell me until now. Come on, Asmau, why?" Ibty exclaimed, shocked by the revelation.

"Ibty, I'm sorry. I didn't tell you because I knew how busy you've been with Mimi's wedding. I didn't want my problems to burden you," I explained, feeling guilty for keeping it from her.

"Come on Mau, your problems are my problems too, don't forget we're best friends and soul sisters. So, tell me everything," she insisted.

"Well, she's leaving today. Honestly, even though I agreed to her stay here, I feel jealous whenever she interacts with Abubakar. Feeyah has completely changed, going back to her old self, being rude, especially to me. Iman takes them out sometimes, and I can't help but feel jealous seeing them bond, especially that day when Abubakar suggested I stay at home because I wasn't feeling well, and they all went out as the perfect family. I feel like a stranger in my own house, Ibty. You can't imagine how much it hurts," I poured out my emotions, wiping away my tears with a tissue.

"Innalillahi wa ina illahir raji'un, Best friend! Please stop crying; you're breaking my heart. I didn't know all of this, wallahi. I wish you had told me sooner. Ma'u, gather your strength and don't just sit there until something happens. You have to fight for your man, best friend. Abubakar loves you, he loves you so much, trust me, Mau," Ibty urged me, with support.

"Yes, Ibty, you're right. Thank you. It feels so good to pour out my pain to you, wallahi. I'm trying to be strong, and I will overcome everything for my baby and for my family,"

"And please, don't stress out my baby. If you're sad, then the baby is sad, so always be smiling, always be happy, best friend," Ibty advised.

"Yes, Ibty. Thank you. So, how is Mimi's wedding preparation?" I asked, changing the topic to distract myself. We continued talking for a while, discussing Mimi's wedding and other lighthearted topics, before we eventually hung up.

Feeling a bit better, I made my way downstairs to the living room and noticed Safeeya watching me intently. I approached her and sat close to her on the sofa, gently taking her hands in mine.

"Feeyah, do we have a problem?" I asked, concerned about the tension between us.

"No," she replied, removing her hands from mine.

"You know you can tell me if I did something wrong, right?" I pressed gently, hoping she would open up.

"No, Mommy, you didn't. But you convinced Daddy to kick Ammi out of the house because you don't want our family to be whole again," she accused.

"Safeeya, what are you saying?" I asked, taken aback by her words.

"I want you to leave. Go away! Leave our house. Ammi is back, and we don't need you. Daddy doesn't need you. Please, just let Ammi and Daddy be together again," she pleaded, tears streaming down her face.

"But Safeeya, I thought we were starting to get along. Why are you saying all this?" I inquired, my heart breaking at her words.

"No, no, that's what you think, Asmau. I was just acting like I liked you because I had no choice. I thought Ammi was never coming back, so I played along. I curse the day you stepped foot into this house. Yes, Noorie loves you, Ansar loves you, but I hate you. If not for you, Ammi and Daddy would be together now. But no, you just had to come into our lives, and now you're giving us a sibling. Well, we don't want any sibling. We're okay like this. Please, just tell Daddy to take back Ammi, and then you can go out of our lives. And then maybe, just maybe, I will like you again, Asmau. I hate you," she concluded, her words piercing through my heart as tears welled up in my eyes.