25-TWENTY FIVE🖤

Four weeks later

ASMAU

"Abdul is dead," Abubakar announced solemnly, and I fell back onto the couch my heart pounding with shock.

"Abdul is what?" I stammered, struggling to process the unexpected news.

"He's dead," Abubakar repeated.

"Innalillahi wa'ina illahir raji'un! But, but, how?" My voice trembled with disbelief.

"He committed suicide,"

"Suicide? But why?" I questioned, my mind racing to make sense of this tragedy.

"They said he killed Layla," Abubakar began to explain.

"Wait, how did he even know Layla?"

"It seems like Layla and he had a dispute over money, and things escalated. Abdul got angry and... he killed her. Then, he also took his own life," Abubakar recounted.

"I can't believe this," I whispered, my hand covering my mouth in shock.

"Same here," Abubakar murmured. 

"It's so strange because I never knew Abdul was that kind of person. I'm beyond shocked, Allah," I said, struggling to understand how he could do such.

"No matter the situation, he should have never committed suicide. Subhanallah," Abubakar said, shaking his head in sorrow.

"Yes, exactly," I sighed.

"Allah ya kyauta," he murmured.

"Ameen," I replied, my heart heavy with the weight of the news.

IMAN

"Salma, you really killed Abdul?" I asked, in disbelief.

"Of course, I did, Iman," she replied, her smile sending shivers down my spine.

"Please stop this. Look at what you have turned into. You've totally become a murderer," I sighed. This can't be happening; I can't get into deep trouble because of Salma.

"And you have turned into a murderer's friend, right?" She smirked.

I stayed quiet for a few seconds, grappling with the reality of the situation.

"Since I'm done with Layla and Abdul, I can now get rid of Asmau, make her disappear forever," she said, her smirk taking on an evil edge.

"What?! Are you planning on killing Asmau too? Salma, this wasn't the plan. You can't kill your own sister!" I exclaimed, my shock evident.

"Of course, I can kill her! She took everything away from me. Iman, can't you see I'm doing this for you so you can get Abubakar and your kids back? And the only way to do that is to kill Asmau!" Salma's voice was laced with bitterness and resentment.

"Nooo, Salma, that's not the only way, please. Wait, you want to make Asmau suffer just like she made you suffer, right?" I asked, trying to reason with her.

"You're right, Iman, you're actually right. But how can we separate the both of them? We have tried everything,"

"That's easy, Salma, leave that to me," I replied, a devious plan forming in my mind.

"Okay, but we have to hurry," Salma urged.

"No problem, just sit and watch the show," I assured, gathering my own sinister plan into mind.

"Yaa Salma," I whispered her name while exiting the kitchen.

"Yes, Asmau." She replied, with an unreadable expression.