15-FIFTEEN💙

USA🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

"Ring, ring, ring," the sound of my phone brought me out of my reverie.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Iman," the caller said.

"Who is this?" I asked.

"It's Salma, Asmau's elder sister," she said in an irritated tone.

"Ooh, you're Abubakar's ex-fiancée, right? Before your sister Asmau took him away from you? Oh my, so funny," I laughed, shaking my head. What a family.

"No, Iman!! Asmau didn't take him away from me. I refused to get married to him myself. I'm too gorgeous for a man to refuse me," she hissed, clearly annoyed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Salma. So what do you want? Or did you just call to waste my time? I have more important things to do."

"Can we meet?" she asked.

"No, I'm not in Nigeria for the meantime, and I don't plan on coming back soon. So just say whatever you want to say through the phone, or if not, let's just say our goodbyes and hang up. I'm a busy woman."

"Okay, I just want us to work together," she stated.

"On what?" I asked.

"I want us to destroy my sister Asmau, make her feel the pain I felt when she took Abubakar away from me. Let's separate the two of them together. If I'm not happy, she shouldn't be happy. I don't really care whether I get Abubakar back, but let's do everything to separate them."

"Wow, so you hate your sister that much? But you should know that I want to get Abubakar back, and it's the same with you. So how will this work, Salma? One has to step down, and surely it won't be me."

"I don't really care about getting Abubakar back. All I want is for Asmau not to be happy, so we can destroy their marriage. You can get back with Abubakar, and I'll be happy if Asmau isn't happy. So we both will achieve our different goals if we team up."

"Well, true. But you should know that I don't really need you much to get Abubakar back. So if you dare try betraying me, you will be the one to regret it, not me, because I have enough power to get Abubakar back even without your help. And for me, I don't really care about destroying Asmau. I just want my family back. But since you can be of a little help, we can work together," I smirked.

"I promise you won't regret your decision, Iman," she said.

"Well, I hope so," I concluded.

Asmau

"Habiby," I whispered, my head nestled against his chest. His strong, comforting embrace enveloped me.

"Yes, Hayatie," he replied.

"Is Iman ever coming back?" I questioned.

"Well, I think she might return, but I don't know when. What is it? Why are you asking?" he inquired.

I sighed. "It's just that Feeyah has been asking about her."

His thumb brushed away the worry etched on my forehead. "We actually haven't talked since she left," he said.

"Okay."

"So, Hayatie, I forgot to mention that Najib and Maryam will be coming over tomorrow for a visit." He announced.

A smile tugged at my lips. "Ah, tohm Allah ya kaimu," I murmured.

"Ameen," he whispered, placing a kiss on my forehead.

The next day..

After I set the dining table, I went upstairs to get ready. Minutes later, I emerged from my shower. I slipped into my lace dress, applying a light touch of makeup to my face. I wrapped my veil, and proceeded to make my way downstairs. Just as I reached the foot of the stairs, Abubakar entered, with Najib and Maryam trailing behind him.

We exchanged pleasantries with our guests, and I ventured into the kitchen, returning moments later with a tray of refreshments and we continued conversing.

"Where are the kids? Why haven't I seen them around?" Najib, asked.

Abubakar chuckled, "I took them to Mami's place. Their disturbance is too much."

Soon, we moved to the dining area to eat lunch.

When the time for prayers arrived, the men departed for the mosque while Maryam and I went up to my room. After our prayers, we settled down for a conversation.

"Ma shaa Allah, Asmau, this pregnancy really suits you. How many months along?" Maryam inquired with a smile.

"Five months," I replied, returning the smile.

"Really? Your bump looks bigger than five months. What's the secret?" Maryam asked, curiously.

I grinned, "Well, I'm expecting twins, shiyasa."

"Ooh! Well, Allah ya raba lafia," she prayed.

"Ameen," I replied.

"So, how does it feel like to be pregnant?"

"Well, I just love the feeling of bringing a child into this world, twins for that matter. But I also feel scared, nervous when I imagine how my labor will be." I chuckled.

Maryam reassured me with a gentle touch on my hand. "Don't be, it's not easy, but it's all worth it. I wish I could have the opportunity you have, Asmau, the opportunity of being a mother. It's been two years, but there's no sign of me being pregnant. We've visited so many hospitals, and they said we're both fine. None of us has a problem. Najib's family has started pestering him to get married again, and I can see that he wants to have kids too, but he's just being strong because he loves me."

I squeezed her hand in support. "Don't worry; everything will be fine, In shaa Allah. It's just a matter of time. Just keep on praying to Allah, and He will bless you with so many blessed kids."

"Thank you, Asmau. And I'm sure you will be the best mother. Actually, you already are. The way you take care of Feeyah, Ansar, and Noorie—some mothers don't even do what you're doing. You love them like you gave birth to them. Saidai Allah yasaka miki, Asmau," she prayed, and her words touched my heart.

"Ameen, ameen, Maryam. Thanks for your kind words. May Allah bless you with good kids," Eventually, Najib announced their departure, and we descended the stairs to bid them farewell.

"Abubakar, when will you bring Asmau to our house?" Maryam inquired, a playful smile on her face.

"This guy doesn't like his wife to leave his side. Overprotective husband," Najib teased.

Abubakar grinned, wrapping his arms around me protectively. "Of course, I have to protect what's mine. And Maryam, don't worry, I will bring her, in shaa Allah."

Maryam came over and offered me a light hug, "Alright then. Allah ya raba lafia," she prayed.

"Ameen, Ameen. Thank you, Maryam," I smiled.  After seeing them off, Abubakar came  over and encircled his arms around my waist, pulling me close.

"Abubakar, I need to make dinner," I pouted.

He leaned in, his lips grazing my ear. "Well, I feel the urge to eat Tuwwo and egusi soup today."

A surprised smile broke through my pout. "Habiby, did you read my mind? That's exactly the food I'm craving today. I'll go and start cooking. Please don't follow me to the kitchen; you know you're quite distracting in there Habiby," I playfully scolded.

"Don't worry, baby. I was actually planning to change into my exercise outfit and go for a run," he replied.

"Alright, baby," I nodded in agreement.

Edited version💕
Don't forget to;
Vote,
Comment,
And share❤️