47-FORTY SEVEN🖤

ABUBAKAR

It has been two days since our arrival in Katsina. I was genuinely shocked to see Asmau here; I never expected to run into her. In my mind, thought she might have left the country or something.

When I first saw her at the company we're partnering with, a wave of anger washed over me. It felt like she was enjoying a life without any worries, leaving us behind. However, the last thing I wanted was for us to keep on fighting. I'm determined to do everything in my power to win her back. No matter how stubborn she is, I'm going to make sure I win my wife back.

"Abubakar, can we talk?" Their boss asked as he walked into my office.

"Yes, Abdul-Aziz, please have a seat," I gestured, and he took a chair.

"Abubakar, I wanted to propose something to you," he began.

"Sure, go ahead," I encouraged.

"You're an important investor in our company, so I think it would be a great idea for you to visit our other branch in Kano."

"That sounds interesting," I replied.

"Yes, and I think it would be beneficial if you spent a day there. We'll make sure you're well taken care of, and you can have a tour of the place."

"The one that's still under construction, right?" I inquired.

"Yes, but they've completed half of it, so you can have a look."

"Alright, that sounds good."

"I also believe it would be better if you go with Asmau's team." He suggested.

"With Asmau?" I asked, my interest suddenly piqued.

"Yes, if that's alright with you, of course?"

"That's absolutely fine," I said, flashing a smile that held a hidden meaning known only to me.

"Great! I'll call Asmau right away."

ASMAU

"Sir, you called for me?" I asked as I entered our boss's office, where he was engrossed in a discussion with Abubakar.

"Yes, Asmau, please have a seat," he instructed, and I complied without sparing a glance at Abubakar.

"Asmau, you're familiar with our branch in Kano, right?" the president inquired.

"Yes, Sir, the one in Kano," I confirmed.

"That's the one," he replied. "Have you heard anything about it lately?"

"No, Sir, I haven't."

"Well, I'd like you to accompany Abubakar and Najib to check it out tomorrow."

I blinked in surprise. "Tomorrow, Sir? I might be busy."

"Please, Asmau, I trust your judgment, and that's why I want you on this trip. You won't be alone; you'll be with Najib, and you can select one more person from your team to join you."

I sighed, relenting. "Alright, Sir, I'll make it work."

"Thank you, Asmau. I'll leave it to both of you to finalize the details of the trip," he said as he stood up and exited the office.

I could hear Abubakar chuckling, which prompted me to glare at him. "What's so amusing?" I asked.

"Nothing at all," he replied with a smirk. "Just start preparing for our trip."

With a roll of my eyes, I turned and left his office.

Next day
1:30pm

"I'm so excited!" Abeedah exclaimed, in excitement.