50-FIFTY💥

ABUBAKAR

"Yes, it's this house," I announced as I stopped the car at the address where I had dropped Asmau off the other day.

Yesterday, I received a distressing text message warning of danger to my family, especially my wife. I had no idea who sent it, but it left me restless. I couldn't allow anything to happen to Asmau; I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if it did. I knew our children were safe since they had bodyguards with them. In shaa Allah, God would protect them.

"Shall we?" Najib said, and I nodded, stepping out of the car.

We approached the gate and knocked, then waited for a few seconds. A young girl who appeared to be around 18 answered the door. She greeted me in a flirtatious manner, but I focused on why I was here.

"Hello, I'm looking for Asmau," I said.

"Asmau? Here?" She looked puzzled.

I was about to reply when a voice from inside the house interrupted. "Nafisa, who are you talking to?" a woman asked before appearing in view. She seemed to be the girl's mother, as they bore a resemblance.

"Umma, they're looking for Asmau," Nafisa explained to her mother.

"Which Asmau?" Her mother inquired, then turned to me. "Sannun ku," she said.

"Yauwa sannu. We are sorry for the disturbance, ma'am, but my friend is here to see his wife, Asmau, who he believes lives here," Najib explained politely.

"We don't have any Asmau in this house," the lady responded with a hint of confusion.

"Ma'am, I'm quite certain this is the place. I dropped my wife off in front of this house the other day, and this is where she lives," I insisted.

"Please, I only live here with my husband and kids. We don't have anyone else living with us," she stated firmly.

"Are you absolutely sure?" Najib pressed.

"Yes, I'm certain," she replied.

"This can't be possible," I muttered, shaking my head.

"This is my house, and I know who lives here and who doesn't. You should look for your wife somewhere else," the mother insisted.

"If you're hiding my wife, you'd better bring her out now, or I'll call the police," I warned, my patience wearing thin.

"Why would we hide her? We don't even know your wife," she defended.

"What's happening here?" A deep voice rang out as a burly man appeared at the gate. He was massive, with a bald head and stern features.

"These two gentlemen are accusing us of kidnapping," the lady explained.

"Kidnapping who?" the man asked, clearly confused.

"My wife. I'm looking for my wife. I dropped her off here the other day because this is where she lives," I asserted.

"Your wife doesn't live here, mister. Go and find her somewhere else," the man stated firmly.

"I'm not leaving until I see my wife," I declared.

"You'd better leave now, or things will get ugly," the man threatened, clenching his fists.