30-THIRTY💕💕

Asmau
Morning...

"Good morning, Mummy," the kids greeted, joining me at the table for breakfast.

"Morning, darlings. How was your night?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Good, Alhamdulillah," they replied in unison.

"Mama, I checked on Afeen and Afeena, and they are still asleep," Safeeya stated.

"Yeah, they haven't woken up. Afeena woke up and went back to sleep, actually," I added, and she nodded in acknowledgment.

"Mama, where's Daddy?" Noorie asked.

"I'm here," he said, emerging from the gym room with a towel draped around his neck.

"Good morning, Daddy," the kids greeted enthusiastically.

"Morning, kids," he replied, warmly. I sensed his gaze on me, but I kept my attention on my food. I was still upset with him.

"Good morning," I greeted him curtly.

"Morning, how are you?" he asked, moving closer to the table.

"Fine," I replied, refusing to meet his eyes.

"I will take a shower, then come downstairs to have my breakfast," he announced, taking a bite of an apple.

"Alright," I nodded, trying to maintain a neutral tone.

He disappeared upstairs for a while, freshened up, and then returned to join us at the table. I served him his breakfast in silence, and we continued to eat without much conversation.

"Kids, you will be visiting your Ammi today," Abubakar suddenly announced, and I nearly choked on my food.

"But Daddy," Feeyah protested, her displeasure evident.

"What?" he asked, looking at her.

"I don't want to go," she insisted.

"But it's been a long time since you visited her. She's been asking for you and really wants to see you," he explained, trying to persuade her.

"I know, but... but is it okay with Mummy?" she asked, glancing at me for approval.

I shrugged, trying to act nonchalant. "Of course, she's your mother. You guys should visit her. I'm sure she'll be happy to see you," I managed to say.

"But Daddy, we were supposed to go with Mummy to Aunt Ibty's place. They are taking her to her new house today," Feeyah explained.

"Don't worry, Feeyah. You guys will visit Ibty before she leaves for Kaduna, so don't worry," I assured her, trying to keep my emotions in check.

"But I don't want to go there either. Ammi's place is always so boring," Noorie pouted.

Ansar chimed in too, "I also don't want to go. I want to stay home and watch the match between Barce--"

"You kids should stop giving silly excuses. You are going to visit your Ammi, and that's it!" Abubakar declared with finality in his voice. I stared at him in surprise, not expecting his firmness.

"Okay," they all chorused with a sigh.

Later in the afternoon, Abubakar took the kids to Iman's place, while I headed to Ibteesam's residence as we took her to her matrimonial home.

Abubakar

I left Fadeel's place and went to pick up the kids from Iman's house. As I drove, I couldn't shake off the lingering thoughts about our argument with Asmau last night. I couldn't believe that her jealousy had taken over like that. When I arrived at Iman's place, I parked the car and went inside.