7-SEVEN💜

ABUBAKAR'S POV
a week later

I was in my office going through some files when my phone began ringing. A smile crept onto my lips when I saw Asmau's name on the screen.

"Assalamu'alykum, Wifey," I answered.

"Wa'alykusalam, Habiby. How's work?" She asked.

"Stressful, but Alhamdulillah, we are coping. How are you? And hope you feel much better now?" I inquired, knowing she had been unwell for the past few days.

"I feel much better now, so don't worry."

"You should have allowed me to stay at home with you, Hayatie, but you're too stubborn," I complained.

She laughed. "Come on, Habiby, you stayed at home with me yesterday. Besides it would be so unfair to stop you from going to work again today, you know."

"You know I can sacrifice anything just for you, right?"

"Yes, Habiby I know, and I love you for that. By the way, Ibteesam invited me to go shopping with her because of Mimi's wedding, so I wanted to ask you if I had your permission to go?"

"Yes, sure. But aren't the kids returning from Mami's place today?" I asked.

"Mami called to inform me that they won't be returning today because Maryam wants to take them out to have some fun."

"Oh well, then you can go. But, Asmau, please don't take too long on the shopping because I might return early from work today, and seeing you helps to relieve my stress."

"Habiby In shaa Allah, I won't stay out late."

"Good to hear. Well, bye. I love you, and take care."

"I love you more," she replied before ending the call.

Getting married to Asmau is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. To be very honest, I'm glad Allah blessed me with Asmau. I know that Salma is not capable of showering love on my kids like how Asmau does. Besides, Asmau possesses all the good and beautiful characteristics that make her so easy to love. She's one of the best things that has ever happened to me, and I don't want to disappoint her. I want to try my best to be the best husband and dedicate myself to her because I know she sacrificed her happiness to make her own family happy. Not all women would do what she did. She's an amazing woman.

Moments later, I heard loud noises from outside my office. I was wondering what was happening when a lady stormed into my office, with my secretary trying to hold her back.

"Ma'am, please stop. Sir, I'm sorry, I tried to stop her," my secretary said.

Looking at the lady standing before me, everything from the time she left came rushing back, fresh and painful. Safeeya almost falling into misery, despair, loneliness, raising the kids all by myself, people blaming me for her leaving, and the more pain and suffering she brought to our lives. This woman before me had broken my heart into pieces.

I never thought I would see her again.

"Iman, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Come on, Abubakar. Don't tell me you aren't happy at all to see me," she said, giving a sympathetic smile.

"Happy?" I let out a dry laugh. "Iman, you're seriously asking me if I'm happy to see you? Why don't you answer that yourself? You're unbelievable, honestly."

"Look, Abubakar, I'm not here to cause any trouble. I just want to see my kids and be with them. I want to make up for all the time I haven't been with them if you will give me a chance."