14-FOURTEEN🖤

"Asmau, wake up," Abubakar said, gently nudging her.

"Leave me alone, I'm sleepy," she groaned, turning her head to the other side.

"It's time for Fajr prayer," he reminded her, and she reluctantly sat up, rubbing her sleepy eyes.

"Fine, let's pray," she said, standing up lazily and making her way to the bathroom.

A few minutes later, she emerged from the bathroom, having performed ablution, and found Abubakar waiting for her. She quickly wore her hijab, and they proceeded to pray together.

After completing their prayers, they recited their morning supplications and returned to bed.

"You should get ready in the morning. I'll drop you off at Babaji's place and then head to work," Abubakar informed her.

"Really?" Asmau's face lit up with a smile.

"Yes, don't make me change my mind, hayatie," he warned playfully, and she squealed with joy, hugging him tightly.

"I love you, hubby! I love you!" she sang happily.

"I thought you were mad at me," he teased.

"I can never stay mad at the love of my life," she confessed.

"Oh, after I agreed, right?" he chuckled.

"Whatever. I love you," she said affectionately.

"I love you too, hayatie. Come here," he pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her.

They switched off the lights and drifted off to sleep, cuddled together.
--

"Mummy, I can't find my school shoe."

"I can't find my school bag."

"Noorie, where's my notebook?"

The kids were in a frenzy, searching for their school items.

Normally, Asmau would help them find their things, but today she was getting ready because they were going together. Abubakar would drop her off at Babaji's place, the kids at school, and then head to work. He didn't want to waste time due to an important meeting.

"Phew," Asmau sighed with relief as they got into the car. Everyone had found their things, and they were now on their way.

"Kids," she called.

"Yes, mummy," they responded in unison.

"I hope all of you have done your homework?" she asked.

"Yes, mummy. You helped me with mine yesterday," Noorie replied.

"I did mine too," Ansar chimed in.

"I wasn't given any," Safeeya replied.

⚘⚘

Asmau

We dropped the kids off at school and arrived at Babaji's place. Baba Lawan, the gateman, opened the gate, and after parking the car, we entered the house with a greeting.

No one was in the living room, so Abubakar sat down while I went upstairs to Aunty's room, where I found her sitting on the bed, having a discussion with Ya Aminah.

"Ya meenooo!" I squealed and jumped into her arms, despite my baby bump getting in the way.

"Baby sis, you wanna break me?" she laughed.

"Sorry, Ya Ameenah. I just missed you, favsis."

"It looks like I'm invisible to my daughter now," my mom joked, feigning hurt.