Recovery

Riley's POV

around noon, I decide to get ready.

Nash sent me a really nice text earlier about giving me some space and that just made me feel so reassured.

Mahogany and Skylar went with the boys to go get taylor and get lunch, so I had breakfast in the room watched a movie.

I turn off the tv and go to the bathroom to take a long, hot shower, letting my thoughts of everything that's been happening fall like the water.

When the water starts to run cold, I turn it off and hop out.

I walk around the empty hotel room to find my scattered clothes to wear.

I put on a pair of black leggings and a navy blue pullover hoodie.

When my hair dries I put it into a messy bun and then put on some light makeup.

I slip on my vans, grab my card key and my purse, and then head out of the room.

By the time I reach the lobby I decide I should text cameron.

To cameron:

Hey cam, relaxed in the room for a bit, hope Taylor's good and you guys are having a good lunch, I'm just going for a walk and maybe heading to starbucks. I'll meet you back at the hotel later.

Send.

When I'm about half way out of the parking lot of the hotel, my phone buzzes in my purse.

I pull it out to read the text from cam.

From cameron:

Okay, glad you're okay, we're all good. Don't be out too late, and please don't get yourself lost.

I laugh a bit as I start walking out of the parking lot and onto the main sidewalk.

Protective, but still funny, cam's the best.

After a while of walking, I find a little forest by a park.

There are a few kids at the park accompanied by parents, but I pass the park and walk into the forest.

I stop to check my purse to make sure I have my earbuds and notebook and when I see them in there, I continue walking.

I walk far back into the forest until I find a skinny tree with a slanted trunk that makes a chair sort of shape.

I sit down and plug my earbuds into my phone and play some calm music.

I pull out my small black notebook and a pen and just start to write... and draw... and think, until I find myself near the end of the pages.

I flip back to where I started writing and read over everything.

I write some stories, poetry, song lyrics from my favourite songs, but mainly all my thoughts from this trip, and letting it all out into this little notebook is amazing.

I flip through the last couple pages of band logo doodles, and dramatic flower pictures.

I hear footsteps crunching the leaves and pause my music and sit up.

I close my notebook and scramble to put it back in my bag as I keep my eyes open to see who's there.

I hear more steps and I stand up.

"Who's there?" I say as I pick up my purse and walk around a bit, searching for this person.

"I'm sorry." I hear a boy's voice say.

"Where are you?" I ask as o keep looking through the trees.

I hear some more leaves crunch and my eyes dart to a tall, blonde-haired boy step out from behind a big oak tree, with a pretty nice build and his eyes were too far to see, but looked green.