The party

Skylar's POV

I was kinda getting bored... At my own party! I decided to invite Riley, I know it's not really her scene but it's worth a shot.

Me:

Party at my place, if you're not too tired, please come, I have someone I want you to meet!

Send

A few minutes later my phone buzzed

Riley:

Ok, I'll come, be there soon.

Yes! now I better enjoy myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley's POV

I pull on some white skinny jeans, a light blue tank top, and a leather jacket.
I fix my makeup and straighten my hair then I go downstairs and put on my high tops. I look up just as I'm about to head out and, no surprise, Amanda and Cameron are making out.

"Ick." I say under my breath as a I head out.

I walk down the street until I reach Skylar's house. I hear music blasting and people laughing.

I take a deep breath and walk in, parties aren't really my scene, but I had nothing else to do tonight.

I let myself in and scan the room for Skylar.

I see her on the couch talking to some guy, but I can't tell who it is.

"Hey!" I say when I reach Skylar, trying to sound perky.

"Oh hey, you made it." she says.

"Uh, ya, um... Who's this Sky?" I say indicating the guy.

"Oh! I almost forgot this is who I want you to meet! Riley this is Shawn, Shawn this is Riley." she explains as Shawn turns around to face me.

Oh. My. God.

It's Shawn. Shawn Mendes. Another friend of my brothers. shoot.

"Um, hey, it's nice to meet you." I say calmly.

"Nice to meet you too." he replies cooly.

"So why did you want me to meet him Sky?" I ask.

"Well..." she starts and then grabs Shawn's hands and looks in his eyes, "he's my boyfriend." she says shyly and excitedly.

I'm shocked. I mean, Skylar is a great girl, she is pretty, nice, and funny... but Shawn? One of the most popular guys in school?!?

"Wow that's great Sky! So, how did this happen?"

"Well after school when I got home, he texted me, we'd been texting and talking at school quite a bit lately, and then today he texted me asking to meet him in the park, so I went." she begins.

"And I set up a picnic for us underneath the big willow tree, and that's when I asked her to be my girlfriend." Shawn finished.

Wow, that's so sweet, why didn't Skylar tell me about any of this?

"Wow! that's great for you two!" I congratulate them.

"Do you guys wanna dance?" Shawn asks us both.

Skylar and I look at each other and nod.

"Sure." we both say.

Shawn holds Skylar's hand and leads her onto the dance floor and I follow. We all start dancing wildly and it's fun at first, but then Shawn and Skylar start to leave as if I'm not even there and go talk to some other guests. Whatever.

I decide to take a break and get something to drink.

I walk into the kitchen and see other people talking and laughing and hanging around then I see a cooler set up with lots of drinks, I just grab a coke and head out to the couch I was at earlier.

As I open the can, someone sits down beside me.

"Hey." a familiar voice said.