Not so easy to forgive and forget

Matt's POV

I wake up early the next morning because I can't sleep. Correction, I can't stop thinking about riley and Nash.

Nash is one of my bet friends, how the hell could he cross me like that?

And I love riley. she's my girlfriend, and I can trust her but if It was hard for me to forgive her for a misunderstood picture with johnson, how am I so easily forgiving this?

Is it because she was so direct with me? Is it because I love her to much to let her go again? Or is it because I knew this would happen sooner or later.

The last one, having her on this tour gave me some mixed ideas.

First I wanted her to come cause I didn't want to grow apart, then I realized she'd be spending a lot of time with the guys and things could get weird, then I realized she should just come cause of her brother too.

In the end it was 2 out of 3 that were reasons why she should come so it was overruled.

But I can't help wondering what things would be like if she just stayed home.

It's 9:00 am now and there is a knock on my door.

I rub my eyes and walk to the door, still in my pyjamas of baggy shorts and messy hair.

I open the door to a smiling, beautiful, Riley wearing a light yellow top, jeans, and converse.

"What's going on?" I asked groggily.

"Oh, didn't you get my text?" She answers, her smile fading.

"My phone must have been off, one sec." I say and I walk over to my bedside table but my phone isn't there, shoot.

I look around the room but can't find it anywhere.

"I think I left it in Taylor's room last night." I say as I walk back towards the door.

"Oh, ok, management just wanted us to go get some groceries for everyone since it's an earlier show than usual and we won't have time to go out to eat." she explains.

"Ok, sure, give me one sec." I say and gently shit the door and get changed into pair of khakis and a diamond hoodie, then slip on a pair of vans and fix my hair, then I splash my face with some cold water to wake myself up.

I grab a card key and open the door again and grab Riley's hand, closing the door behind me.

We walk down the hall to the elevators and head to the lobby.

When we get to the lobby we see a few girls that start noticing us and come up for pictures and stuff.

The fans are so sweet, some f them even wanted pictures with riley instead of Riley just taking the picture.

When we finally get to a Walmart we start going through a checklist of ingredients to make enough sandwiches for everyone.

When we get to the aisle with all the bread to get the sandwich buns we see Nash standing in the aisle.

"Um, Ri." I say to get her attention.

"Hm?" She replies.

"I don't think I got enough ham at the delli, could you grab some more." I ask just to get her to leave for a bit.

"Sure." she says with a shrug and heads to the other side of the store without seeing Nash in the aisle.

I walk up to him calmly where he is picking out protein bars.

"Oh, hey matt!" He says cheerfully when he sees me.

"What the damn hell is wrong with you?" I ask coldly just blurting out what pops into my mind.

"Excuse me?" He asks with confusion.

"Riley told me about your trip to the art museum, don't play dumb." I say a bit harsh.

"I-I-" he stutters and I cut him off.

"You went and kissed her! And you knew very well what we've been through, and now she's being honest with me that one of my best friends tried to kiss her? What the hell is wrong with you?" I demand starting to raise my voice a bit.

"I don't know ok! I liked her for a while and I wasn't thinking, it was just a moment where I thought it'd be ok and I messed up! I apologize ok!" He says defensively, throwing his hands in the air in frustration.

I stare at him for a minute and I don't see the guy that I grew up with, I see a guy that tried to steal my girlfriend.

"It's not so easy to just forgive and forget about these kind of things." I say a bit quieter in an icy tone and point a finger at him.

He looks completely defeated as I walk away and grab a big package of sandwich buns and leave the aisle.

I don't regret what I said, he needed to be set straight, he needed to know that it is something you can't get away with and that's that.

It's true, it's never easy to forgive and forget, no matter how much I wanted things back the way they were.

(A/N hey guys! So I'd like to start by saying that I am so grateful for the 10k reads on this story!!! You guys are the very best and I can't explain how grateful I am for this, it is all I have ever wanted since I joined wattpad, just to have a popular story! Anyway, I thought I would post since I had an idea and some crazy things will be happening soon so stay tuned! And tell me what you think! Please just be honest, it helps me be a better writer when I know what you want to read!!! Please keep on commenting, voting, and reading! ~Julia <3 )