She-devil

~ present day, junior year ~

Riley's POV

The bell rang for lunch. I put my books away in my locker and met up with my friend Skylar.

"Hey!" she said enthusiastically

"Hey." I replied

We grabbed our lunch trays and waited in line, it was sloppy joe day.

After we got our food we sat at our usual table by the vending machines.

"Why don't you ever sit with your brother and his cute friends?" she said peering over my shoulder to see my brother and his friends at the popular table.

"Why should I?" I snorted and took a bite of my food.

"Because we could be instantly popular!" She said in 'duh' voice.

"Omg why didn't I ever think of that!" I squealed sarcastically and then gave her the 'do you not understand me?' look.

"I know it's not your scene, but why don't you even talk to him at school you guys are so close at home."

"It''s just....." what do you I say? I can't tell her that I'm not allowed to go near his friends, "....awkward" I finish.

"He's popular, I'm not, it's just weird." I explain, I mean I'm still telling the truth, just not the whole truth.

"Ya, I get it...." she trails off and looks over my shoulder again, "Don't look now, but the she-devil just say down with them."

The she-devil, also known as Amanda Lucas, the most popular girl in school, and currently my brothers girlfriend.

I look over to my brothers table just as she kisses him. blech.

"I don't know what he sees in her." I say in disgust.

Just then, the bell rings. I put my tray away and head to math class.