Let me join you

Riley's POV

I sit down with Skylar at lunch on Friday, though she doesn't look at me when I sit, she just stares awkwardly at her food.

"Hey." I say, trying to make eye contact.

"Uh, hey." she says back avoiding eye contact.

"Can I please explain?" I plead.

"Be my guest." she says, relaxing a bit.

"Well, I saw Shawn all by himself and decided to talk to him since he looked kinda lonely, and we were talking about the magcon tour. He said that he was really nervous and had a bit of stage fright because he's never performed in front of a live audience before, so I gave him some advice, and I told him that he would do great because he's really talented and has nothing to worry about, and then I gave him a hug." I explain.

"Really?" she asks, a bit shocked.

"Yeah, you can even ask Shawn." I say.

"Wow, I wouldn't expect him to have stage fright, he's amazing." She gasps.

"I know right!" I exclaim.

We both laugh and then Taylor comes running to our table.

"Hey Caniff!" I say with a laugh.

"Hey guys, why don't you come sit with us, we have more news about the tour." he says.

I look at Skylar and we silently agree with each other that we will join them.

"Ok." Skylar says, and we both get up and follow Taylor to their table.

I sit between Matt and Aaron, and Skylar sits across from me between Cameron and Jack G.

"So what's going on?" I ask.

"Well we got the dates figured out with the tour manager, and we've been posting a lot of vines and YouTube videos about it to get our fans updated, but we need a stylist, cause if it was up to us, we'd show up in sweatpants with out hair all messed up." Carter explains.

We all laugh at the last part.

"OHHHH!! let me do it!!!!!!!!!!" Skylar practically screams.

We all laugh at her crazy excitement.

"Haha, ok I guess you can if you're allowed to come." Nash says.

"Yay!" she cheers.

"What about you Ri?" Jack J asks.

"What about me?" I say back.

"Don't you want to be a stylist!" he says in a sassy tone making me laugh.

"It's not really my thing, I'd just let you where whatever you want. I might even send you onstage in your Pyjamas!" I laugh out.

Everyone laughs and Matt just smiles at me cutely, but I pretend not to notice.

"I don't even think she wants to come." Cameron says.

"Who said I didn't want to come?" I ask.

"Well you said it's not your thing." he says.

"I meant being a stylist, but I'd love to come on the tour, I need my big brother around, otherwise I'd die in this school of weirdos." I laugh.

"We'll talk to mom then." he sighs.

Does he not want me to come or something?

~ after school ~

I don't have my board with me today, so I walk home with Cam.

"Why were you so weird about me coming on tour with you?" I ask him.

"Because, it's the same reason I didn't want you to meet the guys, if you spend a few months just with them, I know something will happen, one of the guys might end up being your boyfriend, and, as I said, it always ends in heartbreak, and I really do not want to see that happen, especially between one of my best friends and my sister." he explains.

He really is the best brother, and I know I haven't told him about what's going on between me and Matt, I doubt that any 'heartbreak' will happen.

"Thanks for looking out for me, but I need to come with you, because if you and Skylar go, then I won't have my best friend, my brother, or the guys, I'll just be lonely for months." I say with my best cute face so he feels bad.

"Pwease let me join wu." I say in the cutest voice I can possibly do, with big puppy dog eyes.

He thinks for a minute as we turn into our driveway and start walking onto the front porch.

"Ugh, fine, lets talk to mom then." He groans giving in to the puppy dog eyes.

Playing the 'adorable little sister' card always works.

(A/N short little chapter now, but I'm posting a longer one in a little bit, thank you guys soooo much for 298 reads!!! ahhhh!!! you guys are awesome!!! please continue to vote, comment, and read! ~ Julia <3 )