Fro-yo

Riley's POV

the next day at school I sit with all the guys again. They are pretty cool. I notice Amanda is sitting across the room with some other popular girls.

I forgot to ask Cam what happened so I guess I'll just ask now.

"So Cam, what happened with Amanda?" I ask him.

"Ya, I've been wondering too." Aaron chimes in.

I hear some more yeahs and uh huhs coming from the group so Cameron has to explain now.

"Oh, I just broke up with her." he says non-chalantly.

"Broke up?!?" I exclaim.

"Yeah man, I thought you really liked her." Jack J says.

"Well, I kinda did, but this isn't the first time she's been mean to Riley, and I've noticed she's been mean to a lot of other people too, but I draw the line at my sister, so I broke up with her." He explains.

I blush a little. That's so sweet of him, I have a great brother... it took him long enough.

"Finally no more she-devil." Matt whispers to me.

I can't help but explode in laughter with him, everyone then just stares at us like psychos.

"I'll explain later." I say giggling.

Then the bell im rings and I go to class.

~ after school ~

I head home on my board and then get ready for soccer, I didn't see any sign of Skylar, she's been distant lately, we haven't rode home together in a while.

"Bye mom!" I say running down the stairs with my soccer bag and slipping on my runners.

"Bye sweetie!" she says as I go out the front door.

I ride down to the field and put on my cleats.

I warm up with Hannah and Rachel as I see Matt and his team walk by.

I look over and wave at him, and he smiles and waves back.

"Ooohh is that you're boyfriend Ri?" Hannah asks.

"Haha, no, just my friend Matt." I answer.

"Mhm, JUST your friend." Rachel jokes.

Our coach, Michael, blows his whistle and we begin practice.

After practice, I wait by the field for Matt's practice to end.

I scroll through Instagram on my phone while I wait, I go on Cameron's account, and just I'm about to scroll down, his followers catch my eye, the little square reads 36k.

Oh my god, last time I saw he only had, like, 450. What the heck happened?!?

Just as I'm about to check vine to see if anything is changed there, Matt comes up behind me.

"Hey." he says looking over my shoulder.

"Hi." I say putting my phone away.

"What were you doing?" he asks.

"Well, I was on Instagram and I saw that my brothers follows went from 450 to 36k!" I explain as we walk to his car.

"That's crazy." he says opening the door to the driver side and getting in, and I get into the passenger side.

"I know right, I was about to go on vine, cause he's been making a lot of funny vines lately, so I don't know, maybe that's it, it's not a big deal." I say ending the convo.

"So how was practice?" he asks starting up the car.

"Good, how was yours?" I say.

"So tiring, my coach pretty much hates our team." he says. The way he says it, I can't stop myself from laughing, then he gives me a glare and I shut up.

"That's terrible." I say trying so hard not to laugh.

"Yeah, it is." he says now driving to the frozen yogurt shop.

When we get to the frozen yogurt place, we walk in and fill our cups with frozen yogurt and toppings.

We go up to the cashier and I pull out my wallet, just as I'm about to pay, Matt pushes me back and pulls out his wallet and pays for both of ours before I get to say anything.

"Thanks, you didn't have to do that."I say as he passes me my fro-yo.

"Well I did it anyways." he jokes.

We go out of the shop and sit by a little water fountain.

We enjoy our frozen yogurt in silence and when we are done I throe out the cups.

"Haha you have yogurt on your cheek." I laugh and say to Matt, pointing at his face.

He tries wiping it off with his hand but fails.

"Here, let me get it." I say an wipe it off his cheek.

"Thanks, oh, and you have some on your nose!" he laughs.

I try to get it, but he wipes it off.

He looks in my eyes and we have a moment where it feels we are the only people there, then he leans in and I'm in a bit of shock but I end up leaning in too.

He kisses me softly, and I don't know why but I kiss him back, it just feels right...