We meet again

Matt's POV

I see that girl from school on the couch, and I'm dying to know her name, I know it sounds weird but even though I barely know her, she seems pretty cool.

I sit down next to her on the couch
"Hey." I say simply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley's POV

"Hey." a familiar voice said.

I turn my head and see Matt sitting next to me grinning.

What do I say? I'm not really supposed to talk to him. Whatever, it's not like Cam is here anyway, I might as well be polite.

"So, we meet again." I say jokingly.

"So what's your name?" he asks.

"Well, why exactly do you want to know?" I question.

"Well if we're going to be friends I have to know you're name." he replies.

"Friends?!?" I ask.

"Ya, is that alright?" he asks calmly.

"Um, sure, I guess." I reply.

Should I be doing this? What would Cam say? ugh, why do I keep worrying, I can take care of myself. I'll make my own decisions.

"So... your name?" he asks yet again.

"Michelle." I lie.

It feels cool having this power over Matt, I know it's wrong, it's just my name, but it's still cool.

"You know, you're a terrible lier." he states.

How did he know? What kind of freaky mind game is he playing?!?!

"How did you know?!?" I blurt out.

"I can tell when people lie, it's just a gift." he states and grins.

"So really, what is your name?" he begs this time.

"You'll see." I say mysteriously and take a sip of my coke.

"Riley! I've been looking all over for you!" Skylar says standing before me with Shawn at her side.

"Riley? There's no Riley here, this is Michelle!" he jokes and punches my arm playfully.

I laugh and then Shawn and Skylar join us on the couch.

"So Riley... that's a cool name." he says.

"Thanks." I reply, and I can feel my cheeks heat up a bit.

I don't know why Cameron would hide me from his friends, they seem pretty cool.

~ the next morning ~

Riley's POV

I woke up around noon, I didn't get home from the party until 2:00 a.m.

I go down for breakfast and see a plate of pancakes, my mom in the kitchen, and Cam already at the table eating.

I grab a plate and put two pancakes on it, I pour some syrup on them and start to eat.

"So how was that party last night at Skylar's?" my mom asks.

"It was fine." I reply and take a bite of my pancake.

"Ok, well I'm going to get ready for work, enjoy breakfast you two." she said and went upstairs.

As soon as my mom left Cameron flipped out at me.

"How could you?!?" he half yells.

"How could I what?" I ask genuinely curious.

"Talk to Matt, AND Shawn!" He explains.

"How did you know about that?!?" I ask, now I'm half yelling.

"Oh come on, they are my best friends and since Amanda didn't want to go to the party, I asked them to keep me updated, and they told me all about this 'great Riley girl' they met. care to explain?" he said, mad and annoyed.

"Why are you keeping me from them anyway? I get that they are you're friends and stuff and I wouldn't try to take them away from you or anything, but why do you have to freaking hide me from them!?!? Explain that Cam!" I yell at him.

"Because... if you guys become friends, you may become more than friends, and if you become more than friends it will always end in heart break, and I don't want them to hurt you." He says shyly and calmly.

That's so sweet of him, and all this time I just thought he was being a jerk.

"I'll be fine Cam, thanks for looking out for me, but I can handle myself. so can I pleeeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee meet the rest of them?" I say as cutely as I can.

"Fine. you can sit with us on Monday at lunch and I'll explain everything to them. " He says with a sigh and a slight smile.