Little mistake

Matthew's POV

I wipe the frozen yogurt off her nose and our eyes meet. My god she looks beautiful. What am I thinking? She's just my friend, and my best friends sister.

I lean in only half thinking, and she leans in too, suddenly my lips touch hers and it feels so perfect.

Wait? what am I doing! This isn't right! I pull away maybe a bit too harshly and she looks surprised.

"I'm so sorry Ri." I apologize.

"I-it's ok." she stutters and blushes with a slight smile.

"I'll take you home." I say and lead her to the car.

"I think I'll board home..." she says trailing off.

Damn it, this is so awkward now, she probably thinks I'm an idiot.

"It's getting dark, I'll just drop you off." I say. she thinks for moment and then nods and gets into the car.

I drive her home without a word. I hope I didn't mess things up for good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley's POV

I walk in the front door after Matt dropped me off, I can't even believe that happened...

I look at the clock in the living room and it's 5:45.

I go up to my room and change out of my soccer clothes and into some sweat pants and a loose t-shirt.

I put my earbuds in and lay down on my bed with my laptop and watch some YouTube videos.

After watching the Charlie bit finger video for the hundredth time, I decide to text Matt. I don't want this to be awkward between us.

Me:

Hey Matt, I know what happened tonight was awkward, but I wouldn't want anything to jeopardize our friendship. so can we please just put this behind us as a little mistake and move on?

Send.

My phone buzzes a few minutes later and it's him.

Matt:

Little mistake? I can't look at it like that. There is something between us Ri, but I don't know what. I know I felt something when I kissed you even though I shouldn't have in the first place. I don't think I can just move on from this.

Me:

Ok, I think I felt something between us too... So.... where does this leave us?

He replies almost instantly.

Matt:

Friends? for now?

Me:

I'd like that :)

The conversation ended like that, and then I deleted the messages so no one would see.

I go to the washroom and take my hair out of its pony tail and put it into a messy bun, then head downstairs for dinner.

My mom and Cam are already sitting at the table and I join them as my dad brings a tray of chicken wings over from the kitchen.

We all dig in, and it's delicious. I clear the plates when we are done and Cameron loads the dishwasher.

The doorbell rings.

"I'll get it." I say heading to the front door.

I open the door to a crying Skylar with mascara running down her face.

"Can we talk?" she sniffs.