Awkward

Riley's POV

I got home after soccer practice and all I wanted was to make my signature mini pizza, yes I make mini pizza's.

I walked through the front door and set my skateboard down, I saw Cam sitting on the couch watching T.V, but their was someone sitting next to him.... A girl..... Amanda, ugh.

Their heads pivot as I close the front door and they stare right at me. Shoot.

"Who's this Cam? You're maid or something?" Amanda snorted.

"Uh... no, she's my... um... sister." he stuttered.

I just stood there awkwardly while the conversation unfolded. I bet Cam never even mentioned me to anyone so that they wouldn't find out about me, I don't even get why he's hiding me from his friends.

"Oh! Why did you never tell me about her! she's....." Amanda squeals as she looks me up and down. "Definitely something." she finishes rudely.

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I asked her, I'm 'something' what does that mean? God I hate this girl.

"Riley..." Cam says softly trying to get me to be quiet, but I ignore him, because Amanda's being a jerk.

"Well, you're not hideous, but you're nothing compared to ME, and you're covered in dirt and sweaty clothes and you ride a skateboard, I mean what else am I supposed to say?" Amanda snorts in a 'duh' voice, as if she thought I already knew the answer.

I roll my eyes. " Whatever, this is awkward anyway, I'm going to make myself dinner." I slip off my runners off and just as I turn to the kitchen Cameron steps right in front of me.

"What do you want Cam?" I say in an irritated voice, why didn't he stand up for me when Amanda was being so rude? He's been the worst brother lately.

"Can you just go to your room?" he whispers and pulls me into the kitchen so Amanda is out of earshot.

"Why?!" I whisper-yell.

"Cause I don't want it to be more awkward... she's my girlfriend..."

"So? I'm not gonna bug you guys, I'm just gonna make my pizza, then eat upstairs." I reply annoyed.

"Just... please?" he begs.

"But Cam I'm so hungry!" I whisper/yell/whine.

"Uh... here!" he says and reaches over to the fruit basket grabbing an apple and tossing it to me. "Now go!" he said and pushes me up the stairs.

"You'll pay for this Cam." I say, really annoyed this time.

I reach my room and sit on my bed and start taking off my soccer clothes and changing into my pjs. I go to the bathroom and rinse the mud off of me, take my hair out of the pony tail and brush it out. I go back into my room and take a bite of my apple.

I check my phone and I have a text from Skylar:

Party at my place, if you're not too tired, please come, I have someone I want you to meet!

Me:

Ok, I'll come, be there soon.

Well, I guess I'm going to a party.