Trust me

Riley's POV

Why did Skylar freak out like that? was it because I hugged Shawn? doesn't she know that we are just friends?

"I'll be back in a bit." I say to Shawn as I run out of the front room to find Skylar.

Before Shawn says anything I am already gone, I run through the living room where some college guys are playing beer pong, and I see the back of Skylar's head as she goes through the front door.

I run as fast as I can through all the people to try and catch her, but by the time I make it out the front door, she is already leaving with her cousin I'm what I'm guessing is her cousins car.

I decide to text her.

Me:

What's going on Sky?!?! Did I do something wrong? please talk to me I don't know what happened.

Send.

About a minute later as I'm heading back inside because it's cold and dark outside, my phone buzzes.

Skylar:

Because I saw you with Shawn!!! I thought you were my best friend Riley, but I guess I was wrong, how could you do that to me?!?

I can't believe she is getting mad at me for hugging him, now I know how she feels about the reason Shawn broke up with her.

I didn't even get a chance to explain.

Me:

I'll explain everything, I promise, just trust me ok,you know I would never go after your ex, just trust me.

Send.

God, I hope she doesn't hate me.

As I walk through the living room to go to the front room again, my phone buzzes.

Skylar:

Well... alright, but you better tell me the truth.

Ok, I can do that, that's easy, but to convince her I don't like Shawn I'd have to tell her about Matt, and she's my best friend but I don't know if I should tell her that... I'm screwed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shawn's POV

about ten minutes after Riley left, she comes back and sits down next to me.

She's been such a good friend tonight, talking to me when no one else would, although I really wanted to patch thins up with Skylar tonight.

"Hey." I say to her.

"Hey." she says back.

"So what happened?" I ask.

"Oh, she ran out and drive off with her cousin before I could catch her, so I texted her asking what happened, and she said that she saw us hugging and that she couldn't believe that I was secretly going for her ex." She explains.

"Wow." is all I can manage.

"I know, so I'm going to explain everything to her tomorrow." she says.

She clicks on her phone to check the time and it reads 12:09

"Oh, I have to get going, do you need a ride?" She offers.

"Sure, I'll just text my stepbrother to tell him I'm leaving." I say and text my stepbrother to tell him.

"Ok." she says as she gets up and walks out of the room and I follow her.

We get to the car, which is a nice little van, and she gets into the driver seat and I get into the passenger seat.

She starts the car and I put my address into the GPS on the dashboard.

We get to my house and I thank her for the ride.

"See ya tomorrow!" she says through her window as she starts to drive away, and I wave to her from my front porch before I go inside.

I really hope Riley and I stay friends for a while, she's a pretty cool chic.