First time for everything

Cameron's POV

At lunch on Monday Riley was fitting in with the group greatly, until Amanda spoke up.

I can't believe here, she can be such a jerk sometimes.

Why am I even dating her? it doesn't even make sense anymore, we have nothing in common.

"Amanda, can I talk to you for a minute?" I say to her and pull her aside so we are out of all the guys earshot.

"What is it?" Amanda asks annoyed.

"Why were you being so rude to Riley?" I question.

"Because she doesn't belong with people like us, you should have just kept her away." she states.

How could she say that about my sister, MY SISTER!

"That's it Amanda, we're done." I say confidently.

She looks like she's seen a ghost, tears well up in her eyes.

"Y-you can't do this I me!" She sniffles.

"I don't know why we started dating in the first place, you are rude and conceded and you don't care about other peoples feelings, so yes I can do this. We. Are. Done." I state slowly and clearly.

She sobs and runs off to the girls room just as the bell goes, her stilettos clicking on the tile.

The weird thing is, I don't feel sorry for her, I've put the things she does behind me because I kinda liked her, but now she was insulting my sister and that's where I draw the line.

Sorry Amanda, that's how life works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ after school ~

Riley's POV

I get out of history class and go to my locker to grab my stuff, since it's Monday I was going to ask Skylar if she wanted to hang out.

After I pack my back pack and grab my board, I walk down the hall to find Skylar, and to my surprise, her and Shawn are just making out right in the middle of the hall.

Why do couples have to be so mushy, lovey and gross.

Well, I guess I'm not hanging out with Skylar today.

I walk back to my locker because I forgot my hoodie, and I see Matt standing there.

"Uh, hey." I say, surprised as to why he's standing at my locker.

"Hey!" he says back.

"What's up?" I ask, still wondering why he's at my locker.
"Well I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?" he asks kinda scared, but it was cute.

"Uh, sure, why not." I say.

"Awesome!" he cheers happily.

"Well there's a first time for everything." I joke.

I point to my locker and flick him aside and he chuckles a bit. I grab my hoodie and shut my locker again.

"Ready to go?" he asks.

"Yup!" I reply.

We walk out of the school and I lay down my board to ride, I realize that Matt is walking, so I turn around and pick up my board to walk with him.

"You board?" he asks surprised.

"Uh, ya, a bit." I reply.

"That's so cool!" he shouts.

I laugh a bit, then remember I have an extra at my house.

"Do you ride?" I ask him, hoping he says yes.

"Yeah, kinda, but I don't have my board with me." he replies.

"Doesn't matter, follow me, and you better run fast cause I'm boarding." I said excitedly.

When we reach my house, I open up the garage, Matt is panting like a dog and I can't help but laugh.

I grab the board and toss it to him, and he catches it.

I drop my back pack in the garage and so does he.

Just as I'm about to close the garage, Cam walks out.

"I thought it was you." He says to me with a grin.

"Wanna join us Cam?" Matt asks.

"Sure." he replies with a shrug.

Cam grabs his longboard, while Matt and I are on the skateboards.

I decide we can go down to the beach and hang out there, it's only a few blocks away.

But before I say anything, Matt just says,

"Follow me."