The 'date'

Riley's POV

Cam and I walk through the front door and he goes into the kitchen where my mom is preparing things for dinner.

I hear him start the conversation about me coming on the magcon tour while I am running up the stairs to get ready for soccer.

I get all my gear on, toss my hair into a ponytail and put on my uniform because we have a game today.

I go downstairs with my soccer bag in hand and slip on my runners, I grab my board and head to the field.

When I get there I put on my cleats and join the girls that are already there and warm up with them.

After about 5-7 minutes, the whole team and the coach is here and we start running warm up drills.

Soon the game starts and our team has a rocky start but we win in the end 7-5.

I noticed that Matt had watched part of the game because he only had a practice tonight and finished when we were in the middle of the game.

After our coach talks to us at the end of the game, I take off my cleats and put on my runners and quickly skate back to my house.

I text Matt quickly.

Me:

What do I wear?

Send.

Do I dress classy? Formal? casual?

My phone beeps as I'm taking off my uniform

Matt:

Dress nice but casual.

Ok, got it.

After I got my shin pads off, I take a quick shower, fix my hair and makeup, then I put on a pair of black skinny jeans, a light purple flowy top, and my white converse.

I go downstairs and as I open the door I shout

"I'm going out for a bit!" so my family doesn't think that I just disappeared.

I skateboard over to matt's house as quick as I can and he is waiting out front in khakis, a dark blue and white polka dot button up shirt, and black vans.

He looks really nice.

"Hey." he says shyly as he walks towards me and looks me up and down.

"Hey." I say smiling.

"You look great." he says sweetly.

"You too." I say.

"Ready to go?" he asks.

"Yup!" I say popping the 'p'.

We get into his car and he pulls us out of the driveway.

We drive for a bit and end up at a little diner.

It's small and nice looking and old fashioned, and when we walk in, the food aroma is amazing.

Matt walks up to the hostess desk and asks her for a table for 2.

The hostess picks up 2 menus and leads us to a table by the window.

We order our drinks and we both get cokes.

Then we have a competition to see who can blow the most bubbles in their drink, and he wins.

We order our meals and I get a burger and fries, and Matt just gets the same.

We talk and laugh and make some funny vines while sitting and waiting for our food.

When our food comes we eat right away, and it's absolutely delicious.

Then we order a slice of chocolate cake to share for dessert.

The bill isn't that much, but I pull out my wallet so that we can split it, but just as I pull out my cash, Matt is already swiping his credit card through the machine thingy.

I hate when he does that, although it's sweet of him.

"Why do you keep paying for me!" I say angrily but jokingly.

"Because a gentleman always pays on the first date." he explains acting all sophisticated and then stars to blush.

"Well thank you very much kind sir." I say playing along with the sophisticated thing.

It was around 5:00 when we got here and it's already 7:00, but it's not a school night so we decide to go to the park.

We get to the park and no one else is there, it's kind of dark out but not too dark, we sit next to each other on the swing set and just talk while swinging softly back and forth.

After talking for about an hour I'm about to say that we should get going, but Matt cuts me off.

"I really like you ya know." he says cutely and shyly.

I am honestly shocked, I don't even know what to say because I'm not sure if I like him back.

I know that there is definitely chemistry between us, and I know that kiss at the water fountain was completely real. So maybe I do like him.

"I like you to." I decide to say as I reach over and grab his hand and we stand up together.

We head back to the car, hand in hand, and he drives me home, although we don't say anything and just exchange smiles, the silence in the car is not awkward, but it is just comfortable and perfect.

We arrive at my house and he walks me to the front door.

"Thank you, this was fun." I say.

"Ya, so what do we say to Cameron and the guys?" he asks.

"I don't know, why don't we let this be our little secret..." I say and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"At least for now." I finish.

A big smile spreads across his face and he walks back to his car, and I wave to him as he drives off and he waves too.

That was the perfect first date.