Fly away

Riley's POV

I run out of the room and half way down the hall my vision is blurred almost completely with tears.

Skylar is calling after me and trying to catch up but I ignore her.

I reach my room to find that I don't have a key card, so I furiously try to somehow open the door by kicking it at the bottom while turning the doorknob.

Skylar catches up, showing me the key card she has as I exhale with a loud sob and slide my back down the wall to sit.

She turns away from trying to open the door and sits next to me.

"Matt's an ass." she says with a smirk, trying to cheer me up.

"I know he is, I just never thought he would stoop this low and try to hurt me so bad." I sniff.

"God, how stupid can I be? I should have listened to cam on my very first day of high school and this never would have happened." I say, leaning my head back against the wall.

"You aren't stupid Riley, you are the most loving, strong, and best person I know. when Cameron forbid you from meeting his friends you obeyed but you stood up to him and did what you wanted to do, you fell in love, then you stood up for the people who made mistakes, and then got yourself out of a bad situation. You're smart Ri, you're doing everything right." Skylar says encouragingly as she moves the hair out of my face to look at me.

"Thank you so much, that means the world to me." I say, now wiping away happy tears as I give her a hug.

"Now come on," she says as she stands and pulls me up, "where's your laptop, we're searching plane tickets." she continues as we enter the hotel room.

"Wait what?" I ask confused.

"Riley, the schedule is crazy, the boys are crazy, there is too much drama, and you've had a breakdown. You need to go home." She explains.

"But I can't just run away from this, I'm here for cam, and I've got Nash and you and mahogany." I counter.

"I know you do, but the tour is over in another month and I'm coming home with you." she argues.

"Fine, do the boys know? Or our parents?" I question.

"No, I hadn't thought of this until a few minutes ago, we'll talk to the boys in the morning and call our parents tonight." she answers.

"Ok." I simply agree as I sit on the bed and turn on the tv to watch a movie.

The next morning Skylar and I wake up early before mahogany so we can pack.

We told mahogany what we were doing when she got back to the room so we said our goodbyes.

Our parents were fine with us coming home early, as we expected, but I'm nervous about what the boys will say.

When our bags are packed, Skylar writes a note for mahogany about what time we'll be at the airport and everything.

To our luck, there is a knock at the door just as we were walking out.

I look through the peep hole to see Nash standing there and I smile as I open the door.

I immediately lurch forward, wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a hug.

He is startled for a moment and then wraps his arms around my waist.

I lean back, keeping my arms rested up on his shoulders.

He looks behind me to see Skylar standing with the bags.

"What's all this?" He asks.

"Well, that's what we were just coming to tell you. Skylar and I are going to head home a bit early." I explain.

"What?" He gasps.

"It's ok, the tour finishes in a month and then you'll be back." I say softly, giving him a kiss.

"I know that, but this isn't because of Matt or me or anything right?" He asks with concern evident on his face.

"No, no, of course not, I'm just a bit homesick and wanna get back." I say with a light chuckle to lighten the mood.

"Ok, well some of the guys are at breakfast and others are in their rooms, what time should we meet up to go to the airport with you?" He says calmly.

"Around 1:00." I answer.

"Ok, I'm gonna go grab breakfast, I'll see you later." he says leaning down to softly kiss me before heading to the elevator.

(A/N hey guys!! Sorry I've been having long gaps between updates, I've just been thinking of ways to end the book since it's coming to a close. Let me know if you have any ideas!! Anyway, I will try to update the last few chapters more frequently! Keep on commenting, voting, and reading!! ~ Julia <3 )