Dressed up

Riley's POV

I can't believe that my mom is ok with this... why would he just leave.

I don't think I can survive without my big brother to look out for me with all the idiots at my school.

I need to get on that tour, but how?

My last class ends and I barely paid any attention with everything that was on my mind.

I grab my bag and get my board from my locker.

"Are we going to the beach today?" Skylar asks as I close my locker.

"Uh, yeah, there's just something I have to do before I go, I'll pick you up." I say so she doesn't know about Matt.

"Ok." she nods and walks off towards the front doors of the school.

I walk to the back doors of the school and look around, then see the bike racks and see Matt sitting there.

"Uh, hey." I say getting his attention.

"Hey." he replies and stands up off the bike racks.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I question.

"About what happened at the fountain last week." He says.

I was really hoping to avoid this conversation.

"Ok, what about it?" I ask.

"Well, I know it was completely wrong for me to do that, but I feel like since I met you that there has been something between us." he says.

I can't deny this, I've kinda felt it too.

"Ya, I think so too." I reply.

"Good, come to my house after soccer practice tomorrow, please?" he half states and half begs.

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow." I say and put down my skateboard and ride around the side of the school to head home.

I think he just asked me on a date... But I guess I'll find out sooner or later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew's POV

"Good, come to my house after soccer practice tomorrow, please?" I ask her, hoping and praying she says yes.

"Ok, I'll see you tomorrow." She replies and skates away.

When she is out of sight I can't help but celebrate, I even do a little celebration dance.

This is amazing, I am so happy right now.

I get weird stares from people who saw my little dance, and I try to play it cool... until I trip over someone's bike tire and stumble a bit.

I'm such an idiot, but I really like her, so I guess the stares don't matter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riley's POV

I get home and I see my mom and Cameron sitting in the living room going over a schedule, I'm guessing for the tour thing.

I drop my bag and then head right back out the door to go pick up Skylar.

I get to her house and knock on the door.

Her mom answers and I ask for Skylar.

"Skylar! Riley's here!" her mom calls for her.

I hear her coming down the stairs and see her in a party dress with her makeup and hair perfectly done.

"Hey! A bit of a change of venue!" Skylar says as she walks out the door.

"Bye mom!" she calls back as we walk down the driveway.

"Don't be home too late, it's a school night!" her mom calls to her and then shuts the front door.

"Let's get you dressed up!" she squeals and leads me back to my house.