Finishing the conversation

Riley's POV

When mahogany and Skylar get back with that medicines and antibiotics, the doctor gives Taylor the right amount of each kind plus some other stuff from the hospital.

We wait around for another 2 or 3 hours before Taylor says that he is finally feeling a bit better.

The nurses come to us in the waiting room and explain that the doctors will have to run some blood tests and other tests to determine what happened to him and that they will need him to stay in the hospital overnight.

Everyone takes some time to say goodbye to Taylor for the day, and since one person can stay overnight with him, Carter ends up staying.

Once we get to the van everyone quietly piles in but Nash holds me back just as I'm about to climb into the van behind Brent.

"Wanna walk?" He asks calmly.

"Um, sure, I'll just tell cam." I say and turn to the van.

I stick my head in the door and look at cameron in the drivers seat.

"I'm gonna walk back with Nash to get some air." I tell him.

"Ok, call me if you need me to pick you up, it's a long walk." he says calmly.

I nod my head and as I step back from the van, catch a half sad half angry glare from matt.

I pretend I didn't see him and just look away as Brent closes the car door.

As they drive off Nash and I make our way to the end of the parking lot and to the sidewalk.

"So..." I say awkwardly to try and start a conversation.

"What was it you were saying earlier?" I add.

He takes a deep breath and opens his mouth like he's about to say something but then closes it again and takes another breath.

"Well, I think I'm in love with you. I can never stop myself from thinking about you, and you are one of the closest friends I've ever had, you always make me laugh, and it nearly killed me to see matt treat you the way he did. I know I shouldn't be telling you this now since you and matt just broke up, plus it was because of me, but I just can't hold myself back anymore. You're an amazing girl riley and I don't think you know that about yourself. All I've ever wanted is to make you happy and feel good about yourself, but lately I know you haven't been. So, that's all I have to say... " he says, shyly at first, then confident, then shy at the very end.

I am completely speechless, I mean, I definitely felt something that day he kissed me... but I didn't know this much.

Just knowing that this is truly how he feels, it's crazy. I know I'm still in love with matt, but in the moment, I know what's going on with matt is done, and I can't do anything about it, so I have to move on sooner or later.

"Nash I... I didn't kn-" I stutter, but I cut myself off by staring into those perfect eyes of his, and lean towards him.

Before I know it, our lips have met and I sink into the kiss.

I never thought I could feel this way about Nash, or any of the guys besides matt... it's crazy, but not insane I guess.

We pull apart and my forehead rests against his as our hands are intertwined.

"So... what did that mean?" He asks with a dumb smirk.

"We'll see. Stop overthinking things Grier." I say playfully and give him a quick peck before moving my forehead.

Out of the corner of my eye I see him jokingly roll his eyes, with a dopey little smile on his face.

Our hands are intertwined for the whole walk, and we just talk, and laugh, and fool around messing with strangers.

When we get back to the hotel it's pretty late since we stopped to get a bite to eat at subway, but it was a fun time with Nash.

I've never felt this close to someone before, not even with Skylar or matt, I feel like there is something between me and Nash that's indescribable.

I don't know... maybe I love him too.

(A/N hey guys! So I'm trying to post more since I'm going to start to wrap up the story soon, maybe about 15-20 more chapters? Comment how long you want it to be and any ideas you have for the story!! Oh! Also mahogany will be getting a boyfriend soon, so comment who you think it should be! One of the guys? A fan? An old friend? Comment ideas!! Love you all and thank you so much for all the reads, it means so much to know that you guys enjoy my writing!! <3 keep on commenting, voting, and reading! ~Julia<3 <3 )