Friday

Riley's POV

After lunch I go to my locker to grab my math text book, then I head to math class.

I walked into the class and sat at my desk, class was soooo boring that I nearly dozed off.

As I left class and headed back for my locker something hit me in the head.

"OW!" I yelped and rubbed my head.

"Sorry about that I heard a male voice say.

Then the guy the voice came from stood up after picking up the football that hit me.

Matthew Espinosa.

My brothers best friend.

I was freaking out inside, I was lost for words, and he just stared at me.

I finally broke the silence, "um... I gotta go to history... bye."

"Wait what's your name?" he called after me as I walked away.

"Bye!" I shout back to him, and a few minutes later I make it to history class right at the bell.

That was so close, what if he recognized me? what if Cam has told him about me already? wait, what am I worrying about? My brother may have told me to stay away from his friends but it's school, how does he think I can just stay away from classmates? what if I get paired for a project with one of them? what will I do then? Cameron can't stop it, so I just need to relax, besides, how would they 'hurt me' anyway.

I manage to stay awake during history class although our teacher is dreadfully boring, and when the bell rings I gather my stuff and practically run to my locker, cause now I get to go to soccer practice, my favourite part of the day.

When I get to my locker I fill my backpack with all the homework pages and textbooks I'll need for tonight, I grab my board, meet Skylar at the front of school and then we ride home together since we live on the same street.

I stop at my house, change into my soccer shorts and practice shirt, throw my hair into a pony tail, put on my shin pads and socks, grab my soccer bag my skate board and ride down to the field.

I get to the field and see some of my team mates warming up, I put my board and bag away and slip on my cleats.

When I'm ready to go, I stand with my friend Michaela and warm up with her, we do some stretches and talk until we hear someone whistle, not a regular 'come on team coach is here' whistle, but a whistle a guy does when he sees a hot girl.

Michaela and I look over, and see the boys team passing our field, Michaela rolls her eyes.

"Just ignore them." she says and goes back to stretching.

I look at them one more time and see the same blonde head of hair that hit me with a football, Matt, I can't believe I never noticed him on his soccer team before.

I snap out of my train of thought when Matt looks back at me and we make direct eye contact for a moment before my coach shows up and blows the whistle to start practice.

(A/N a bit of a long chapter, I'll be updating 1-2 times a week from now on, probably on Mondays, Thursdays, or weekends)