Chapter 39

Xera's P.O.V.

It has been nearly four hours since Stereo left and she did not tell me that she had to track down Lance and drag his butt to the dragon kingdom. Kaden and Aiden keep waking up and dozing back off to sleep so it must have been hard on them to ride over here in that fashion. I open my eyes to look at the pond again only to be disappointed yet again to see no signs of Robby. I hear some rustling in the bushes behind me then someone sit down next to me. I don't even bother to look to see who it is because it is obvious. I was simply waiting for it. He sighed obviously trying to stay calm.

Dylan: What were you thinking?

Me: That the Dragon Kingdom needed some change.

Dylan: It is called the DRAGON Kingdom for a reason and you have no right to change it.

I turned to look at Dylan with the most pissed off face that I could muster.

Me: I dare you to say that again. Who exactly am I to that kingdom?!

Dylan: You are the queen.

Me: And does that not mean that I can do what I please with it?

Dylan: Yes but...

Me: There are no but's. I am going to change the Dragon Kingdom because what I witnessed from the party last night was that the people in my and Issi's kingdom are completely unaware and unaccepting to any other creature in the world. They need to understand that there are other creatures here and we are all equal.

Dylan: So that's why you had Stereo bring Lance, Jared, and Darrek into the kingdom? You do realize that they are your old enemies.

Me: They gave it up. They realized they didn't have a chance against us.

Dylan: So that's why they're at the castle?

Me: Not completely.

He starts rubbing his temples. I can tell that he is frustrated but will not yell at me no matter how much he wants to.

Dylan: Why else?

Me: Stereo didn't tell you?

Dylan: No....

Me: Stereo brought her soul mate back with her.

Dylan: Okay, I knew her soul mate was a wolf but did they really have to come from Lance's pack?

Me: Lance's OLD pack. It's not like it was her decision. I did not choose who my mate was.

Dylan: No, but your mate...

Me: Do not say it. Talking about mates, do you have one?

Dylan: Me? A mate? No.

Me: Why not? You know, there is always Izabella. You seem close.

Dylan: God forbid that women to be my mate. We are just like business associates.

Me: Then can I introduce you to someone who I know when I get back to the castle that has an eye on you?

Dylan: Someone likes me?

I look at him in disbelief. Has he seriously had nobody like him before?

Me: Yes, and she is very pretty.

Dylan: Is it Izabella because if it is her then I swear to...

Me: It isn't.

Dylan: What's her name?

Me: I'll just show you her when we get back to the castle. Where's Issi?

Dylan: At the castle. He is arranging rooms for our new guests.

Me: They aren't guests. They are like family now.

Dylan: To you.

Me: To everybody soon enough.

Dylan: So, any signs of Robby?

Me: Not a single.

Dylan: Then let me help you out some. I had to help your mother do this too.

He got up and moved in front of me then sat down again. He crossed his legs like how I had my legs crossed and took my hands in his. He evened out his breathing so it was soothing to listen. My breathing automatically matched his and he started talking in a gentle voice.

Dylan: Now just concentrate. Think of all of your memories with him. Think about how you feel about him.

Me: I've been doing that for the past few hours Dylan. It hasn't worked.

Dylan: SHUT UP! I said concentrate!

I sighed and then relaxed completely. I remembered what he said and thought about the time when he walked in on me while I was in the shower. Then how he held me while I told him about my parents. I remember the feeling I had when I kissed him. The sparks, the butterflies, everything. I hear Dylan get up and go behind me. He whispered in my ear.

Dylan: Now, focus your mind and picture him standing right in front of you on the water of this pond.

I can hear Dylan move away but I stay focused on Robby appearing in front of me.