Chapter 29

Robby's P.O.V.

All throughout school I couldn't get my mind off what Lance, Jared, and Darrek said. I walk outside of the school when it finally ended and sat on the stairs waiting for Kaden and Aiden. All of a sudden I feel a light tap on my shoulder and I look up to see Lance. I sigh and look back down at the steps.

Lance: That's not all. Those two guiders are hiding something from you. I think you should learn a little bit more about guiders. They are only given to people that are royalty. The royals also have another secret. They have mates but destiny has already picked them. Once they find their mate then they know almost instantly. They do anything to save them. Issi is the next king of the throne but his little sister has a mate too and so do their cousins Lucas and Stereo. I figured out who Xera's and Stereo's soul mates are but obviously you haven't. That should help you some. Oh, and I'm calling it a truce on our packs for a while. So you guys are free to do what you want but only because you guys have us beat and we need to build our strength again. But if you plan on invading us right now then we won't hesitate to kill one of you.

He stands up and mumbles something I couldn't catch. Darrek and Jared walk up to him and then they all walk away. I'm completely lost in thought. He knows Xera's soul mate? But how? Is it another dragon or something? But how am I supposed to know? UGH!!!!!! I run my hands through my hair and tug at it.

Kaden: You okay Robby?

Me: Yeah, just thinking.

Kaden: About the run?

I completely forgot about the run. It lifted my spirits a bit and knowing that Lance's pack isn't going to come after us is even better. I smiled up at him.

Me: No, but that just made my day a little bit better.

Kaden: So what were you thinking about then?

Me: To be honest, Xera. I found out that she's royalty and has a soul mate that she has already found. Why didn't she tell me?

Kaden: You're kidding right?

I look at him confused. He sits down next to me and shakes his head. He rests his elbow on his knee then sets his head in his hands.

Kaden: Think about it. Who does she let sleep in her bed?

Me: Me.

Kaden: Who has she kissed?

Me: Me.

Kaden: And why would she let a complete stranger live with her even though she knew you could be a potential danger to her? Why do you think she let me and Aiden stay with you guys? Why do you think she had Dylan save you instead of her when Lance's pack invaded our house? Figure it out now?

Me: I'm her soul mate??????

Kaden stands up and starts clapping. Aiden walks up and looks at us both weird. Kaden just smiles at both of us.

Kaden: Now that you have it figured out, can we go running now? I've been looking forward to it all day!

Me: Alright.

We go to the park and walk into the woods and find a cave. I walk in and strip then stuff my clothing in my bag and shift into a wolf leaving my bag there. I walk out and lay on the ground. The other two do the same routine and then we're off. We run and run just to get our pent up energy out. It starts to get dark out and I decide it's about time we head home. We all start running back to the cave to grab our stuff. A scent suddenly hits me and I stop dead in my tracks. Kaden ends up running into me and plowing me over. I stand up without even worrying about Kaden or Aiden. I follow the scent and end up at a body of water. It looks like a pond.

Something white shows up hovering over the body of water. Kaden comes up and stands next to me with Aiden beside him. I feel like I'm in a trance. The white figure comes closer and it takes the form of a women. I quickly snap out of my thoughts and turn to Kaden and bump him. I glare at him and tell him through our mind bond to run. He does as told and I look to do the same to Aiden but he's knocked out on the ground. I stare at him in shock then look at the lake to see the white lady right in front of me. I jump back a little bit but suddenly feel very relaxed.

Mystery Lady: No need to fear me Robby. I didn't hurt your friend. But I need you to change back and take my hand. There are some clothes over there in your cave.

She points to the cave where we changed. How come I never noticed this place when we were here earlier? I automatically walk over to the cave and grab some clothes and change. I leave my bag there and walk over to the pond again where the white lady is still standing. She reaches her arm out and offers me her hand. Without thinking, I place my hand in hers and I can't see anything.

Mystery Lady: I'll bring you back when the time is right.

Then everything disappears.