Chapter 15

Lance's P.O.V.

I wake up with a huge head ache. I try to sit up and notice that I have a blanket covering me up. Oh, that's right. Xera was here. I look around to see that Darrek and Jared are still knocked out but don't look hurt. Stereo's gone so our plan to kidnap her and get Robby and his other pack members back in return didn't work. What was I thinking about fighting Xera...she's a dragon for petes sake, I couldn't take her.... but maybe my whole pack could. I stood up and found a pair of my pants to put on. I was pulling up my pants when I spotted something on the table. It was a little sheet of paper. I walk over to the table it's sitting on while kicking Jared on the way over.

Me: Wakie wakie.

Jared does a low growl and I just ignore him. I pick up the note and open it.

                                                               "I win this round

                                                      Would you like to try again? 

                                                                Xera-1 Lance-0"

That cocky little brat! She just thinks she won. I'll get her back. That's a promise.

____________________________________________________________

???? P.O.V.

I'm sitting in the trees above this wolf packs camp. They have Stereo and technically, as her guider, am supposed to make sure she's okay. I hear a crack in the woods behind me, there's a short blonde girl walking toward the camp. WHAT IS SHE THINKING! IS SHE CRAZY! Then I recognize her...no...it couldn't be. Xera?

Xera: Well hello there, is Lance here? He has something I want back.

Within a second three wolves launch themselves at her and I feel like jumping off this branch until she just slaps the one away. Oh my god. She has her brothers strength. I wonder if I should tell her guider this or if he already knows. I hear a yelp and she that she must've just kicked another wolf into a tree. She's pretty ruthless but for being Issi's twin she doesn't seem so bad.

Xera: Are you sure you want to attack me instead of just going to get Lance? Oh, how about Jared? And Darrek would be nice to see too.

One of the stupid wolves asks her who she is. Is he stupid? What wolf couldn't know of her? Her parents were famous among all creatures. She looks more like her dad then her mom though and her hair is dyed blonde and some other funky colors. Her brother is the same way or is that just a teenager fashion?

Xera: Not what I wanted to hear.

Her voice was low and dangerous. This is the kind of things that make people who can change into dragons so dangerous. She walks up to him and then realization hits him about the same time she grabs his throat and throws him. She must have that technique mastered, hurt but not kill. I think she will end up regretting not killing him later though.

I hear Xera yell now and Lucas comes out of the woods in his human form along with 3 wolves. They allied themselves with some wolves? I never thought that would happen. This could possibly turn out good. I watched the fight and it didn't last that long. Xera and Lucas's team was much better trained, or had more experience. Lucas got his arm bit which made me flinch. I'll heal him later.

Two of the wolves had a couple scratches but they would heal in a couple days so they aren't that bad. I realized that I quit paying attention and saw Xera walk into the tent. Well, I guess it's time to heal Lucas's arm but somehow do it without him seeing me. Got it. I close my eyes and focus.

Me: Freeze time for 15 seconds!

I open my eyes to see everything frozen. I jump down from my branch and run toward Lucas. 12 seconds. I heal his arm from the bit mark. 7 seconds. I dart for the trees and jump back up into them. 2 seconds. I smile to myself. Perfect timing hehe. I think my job is done here. And with that, I poof to my house to tell Dylan what happened.