Chapter 40

Robby's P.O.V.

I am in the middle of the pond standing next to Xera's mother, Lynn. She just keeps telling me "soon, be patient child" and other things that old people usually say with their so-called wisdom. I swear that I will never be like them when I get old. I sit on the lake and start playing with the water by swirling my finger around in it. I start thinking about Xera when I feel this overwhelming presence.

I start to remember all of my memories of Xera and then get a tingling feeling all over my body. I start to feel love. Then the next thing I know is that the white background of the place I have been encased in is fading. Then I'm soaked. Wait, did I just fall into the water? I look around to see that it's completely dark outside but I see a figure pop up near the edge of the pond.

????: Robby?

Oh my god! That sounded like Xera's voice!

Me: Xera?!

Xera: ROBBY!!!!!

I can hear soft sobbing noises then water splashing. I swim towards where I heard her voice from and then I see her. Her eyes are just as blue as I remember. Her hair is a lighter colored blond and has black underneath it. I see tears running down her tanned cheeks and a giant smile on her face. I feel like my whole world just lit up from the sight of her. We finally reach each other, I engulf her in a tight hug, and she rests her head on my chest. I start rubbing her back to calm her crying some.

Me: Everything will be okay now Xera, I'm back for good.

Xera: I'm so glad that I found my missing piece.

Wait, did she just say what I think she did? Was she telling me that she loves me. She looks up at me and wipes her tears away. She looks straight in my eyes and I was mesmerized by her eyes.

Xera: I love you Robby. I have since the day I found you in that cardboard box on the side of the road. Everything I did, I did to protect you. I will not let you slip away again. I felt like something was missing from the day I woke up from my coma and when I finally realized that, it was you that I was missing then I felt horrid. How could I possibly forget my soul mate? I am so sorry that I made you wait for me to finally figure everything out. Is there any way you can forgive me?

Me: I do not think there is any way that I could hold a grudge against you Xera. I love you with every fiber in my body. I will never leave you again.

She smiles then slides her hands around my neck. She pulls my lips down to meet hers and I am instantly filled with bliss. I do not think that there's anything that could ruin this moment.