Chapter 55

Lucas's P.O.V.

I woke up and the first thing that hits my nose is the smell of shea butter and coconuts. Then I notice a tingling feeling going through my forehead.

I open my eyes slightly to see a beautiful purple and black haired girl above me. I smile slightly and she smiles back.

Nurse: Oh, you're awake Lucas. Glad to see you survived.

I let out a quick breath. Man, I loved her saying my name. I couldn't find words to say back to her so I just nodded.

Nurse: Sorry that the head nurse couldn't be here today. It's her day off but she said that she thinks I could handle it. I'm her assistant, just call me Thea.

Thea? Sounds like the name of an angel to me. I move to sit up some and she immediately grabs my arm to help. I feel the tingles runs through every nerve in my body and look at her.

She looks like she's struggling to help me up but I don't think she's feeling the tingles too. I finally get sat up and she walks away. I look around the room to notice that it was all white and only had only bay window.

It was a nice day outside from what I could see.

I keep looking around and see 3 other beds in the room along with a couple desks that I'm taking a lucky guess that the nurses work at.

I look back at the bed and notice someone laying in it. ISSI!

Me: Umm nurse?

Thea: Just call me Thea.

Me: Thea, is Issi okay?

Thea: Yeah, he's just asleep. He's been up since you returned but I gave him some medicine to make him go back to bed.

Me: Oh...okay.

Becoming curious of her, I stare at her. I can tell that she's a dragon but how come she isn't reacting to the tingles like I am.

Me: How old are you?

Thea: Oh, I'm 15.

Ahh, that's why she hasn't been feeling the same way I am. I smile at her.

I found my mate and she won't even know until she turns 16.

Me: Oh, I see. You're pretty young to be working. Aren't you?

Thea: My family needed me to get a job so I could support them. My parent's work isn't enough.

Me: Do you live in the castle?

Thea: Yup!

Me: Ever miss your family?

Thea: All the time, they never really get off my mind.

Yeah, I have a feeling that I'll be the same way very soon. My mate is going to drive me nuts until she realizes just how important she is to me. I'm glad I got hurt now, I got to meet my mate.

I mean, I would've ran into her eventually but I'm glad it was now. I can keep her protected and out of trouble now.

Me: Thea, can I have a hug? I feel kind of down.

Thea: Oh of course! We can't have you feeling down when you're trying to get better!

She walks over to my bed and leans in to give me a hug. My body immediately erupts in sparks.

My breath gets hitched in my throat and she pulls back warily.

Thea: You okay? Did I hurt you?

Oh, that's why haha she didn't feel the sparks. Of course she would think that it hurt me.

Me: HAHA! No, you didn't hurt me.

I smile reassuringly at her to make her worries go away. She returns it with a shy smile of her own. This girl is just too cute!

Me: When is the next time you're going to see your family?

Thea: Umm I was thinking of going this weekend but I don't have someone to escort me there and our neighborhood isn't exactly safe.

Xera: Why don't you go Lucas?

Thea and I both look at the door to see Xera standing there with a knowing smirk on her face. Does she know about me finding my mate?

Me: Umm, I could do that. If you wouldn't mind having me as an escort.

Thea: Not at all. I would be more than happy. But I have to get some gauze for your head. I'll be right back.

She walks into the supply closet and Xera makes her way over to me. She sits down on the bed next to my leg.

Xera: She's your mate, isn't she?

Me: You noticed that easily?

Xera: It's easier to notice once you've been through it haha

Me: Yeah, but thanks. I was trying to find out some way to show her that I wanted to get to know her better.

Xera: I seen her touch you...she didn't flinch or anything?

Me: She did when I had to catch my breath. She thought she hurt me. She's 15.

Xera: Oh. I get it.

My cute little mate walks back into the room. No, I didn't see her but her scent hit me like a ton of bricks. Xera smiles as she notice me take a whiff of the air. She chuckles lowly.

Xera: Want me to leave so you can wrap his head?

Thea: That'd probably be best. I'll be done soon if you want to hang out with him.

Xera: No that's okay. I'm supposed to be on bed rest today anyways. I just needed to go for a walk to stretch my muscles. I decided to see how my brother and cousin were doing.

Thea: That's very considerate of you.

Xera: You are also a very considerate girl Thea. Taking care of these two at such a young age. And you're also very pretty, I'm sure your mate will love you the second he sees you.

Xera smiles at me and Thea looks like she's the happiest girl in the world. Thanks Xera. I think you just helped me out.

Thea: Thank you your majesty.

Xera looks somewhat offended now. I don't think she likes being called that.

Xera: Just call me Xera. I don't like being called that. I'm just like the rest of you anyways.

Thea: Yes your...Xera.

They smile at each other. Then Xera excuses herself and leaves. Thea turns towards me and gets the gauze and some tape then walks to me.

Thea: Okay, sit up Lucas.

I do as she says and she smiles apologetically at me.

Thea: This might hurt a bit.

She starts unwrapping my old gauze and throws it into a trash can. No pain there. She then starts to put the other gauze around my head kind of tight and a sharp pain goes through my head giving me an instant headache.

Me: OUCH!!

Thea: SORRRY!!!! I'M SO SORRY!!!

_____________________________________________________________________

So guys, what do you think?

Lucas found his mate that has been right under his nose since he's got to the castle.

How will the two love birds house visit to Thea's house go?

Comment, vote, follow=)

Thanks my lovely readers :)

Oh, and if you wanna read more of my stories. I just started writing a new one called "No Chance In *Beep*" so feel free to read it and give me your thoughts. I love them all, good or bad. Just not the mean ones lol Thanks :)

http://www.wattpad.com/story/4815244-no-chance-in-beep