Chapter 58

Xera's P.O.V

It's been a couple months since I found out I was pregnant and the baby is due any day. It won't be in my stomach for as long as it was supposed to because after all, it is part wolf. I've been taking a lot of vitamins and medicine to help me get stronger so there's a slight chance that I can survive through labor. Robby has been babying me though, you can tell he's worried. He's always hanging off me and rubbing my stomach. I'm glad that he is accepting of our child, if not then I don't know if I would be able to leave the baby with him. But he will be a good father, I know it. Plus, he's got Aiden, Kaden, and everyone else with him to help out.

I was going it for my daily ultrasound since my baby is growing at an accelerated rate. I swear this baby is going to be a super baby. I'm currently walking to the hospital wing with my hand inside my handsome mates hand. I've been having contractions lately and they're sure the baby will come by the end of the week. I sure hope that I will make it through this. I don't want to leave Robby. He'd be devastated.

We get to the hospital wing and the head nurse is standing there looking worried. I tilt my head because she's staring right at us but I don't think she can see us. I cough a bit to get her attention, but she still doesn't move.

Me: Umm, you alright?

The head nurse's eyes look like they just came back into focus and she smiles at us. It wasn't exactly a happy smile though.

Head Nurse: Yes dear, everything will be alight. Let's get this ultrasound done.

I nod my head and she grabs my hand while pulling me towards the examination room. She asks me to lift up my shirt and squirts that cold gel on my stomach. I flinch every time she does that.

Me: You should really start warming that stuff up before hand.

Head Nurse: I will next time.

Robby squeezes my hand and gives me a small but happy smile. I'm so happy that he's here and supporting me. Stereo was right when she said that Robby would help me, and he has, a lot. Everybody has been supporting me. Except when Robby and I first told them the news, they seemed a little mad that we were so careless. Then Aiden made a perverted comment "well, how was she? I've always wondered what..." and before he could even finish the sentence, he was running around the dining table with Robby chasing him. It got me to laugh.

Head Nurse: Or maybe not?

Me: Huh?

I got snapped back to reality when I noticed the worried looks on both the head nurses face and on Robby's.

Head Nurse: You're already at the beginning of labor Xera.

Me: Oh jeez....

Lance comes running into the room with my three prisoners (chapter 46-48 mainly) and they had worried expressions on their faces. What now? People, I'M IN LABOR!

Lance: Xera! Robby! There's trouble. Some guys named Porter and Dominic (chapter 50) are here and they're demanding that you come see them.

Me: Right now?! I'm in labor Lance!

Lance: I'll be quick and tell them that. Thank you Xera.

He turns to leave and stops like something slapped him in the face. He slowly turns around with shock clearly written on his face.

Lance: Can you repeat that?

Robby: She's in labor Lance, I don't want her going out to fight some guys that are mad because a girl beat them.

I look at Lance and you can almost see the wheel in his head spinning. Poor guy. I hear the nurse say something but I didn't have time to process it. A large amount of pain came and the next thing I know, I was trying my hardest not to scream. Why now?