Chapter 16

Xera's P.O.V.

Stereo woke up the next day and didn't remember anything. She kept asking if she missed her date with that cute guy. I told her no. Lucas kind of told her that he was a wolf that was just set out to kidnapped her and succeeded. She seemed down for the rest of the day. We have school in a week so I decided to try something. I yelled for everyone to come to the living room because I needed to talk to them about something. About 10 minutes later everybody is sitting here looking anxious to see what I have to say.

Me: As you all know, not a single one of us is an adult yet and that nobody is 18 nor graduated. So, today we are all going to head over to the school and sign up.

Everybody: School?

Me: Yes school. Never heard of it? I don't feel like getting into any trouble for not going and we need education. So school.

Robby: I'm all for it.

Kaden: Will there be other people there?

Me: Yes. Lots of other people. So that means that nobody there learns our secrets and no transforming at the school for any reason.

Stereo: I don't like school.

Me: But you like shopping so you can take the boys shopping for clothes and I'll go shopping for some of the stuff we need. Stereo, me and you can go shopping for clothes tonight and make it our last girls night before we go back to school.

Stereo: Okay! Sounds fun! Lets invite Dasia too.

Me: Okay. Any other questions or shall we get going?

Lucas: Lets get going.

I drive the charger with Lucas following right behind me in the jeep. Everybody just hoped in one or the other and we got going. We arrived at the school to see a couple of cars here so I figured that somebody here could get us signed up. I race Kaden up to the doors and slowly open them and walk in leaving everybody else still following us but in a very slow pace. We see that the office is right next to the front doors and I open the door for Kaden. I walk up to the lady at the desk.

Me: We would like to sign up for school here.

Kaden: YEAH!

Lady: Well you seem very excited about it. My name is Ms. Hennypopper.

Me: Can we just call you Ms. H?

Ms. H:  Yeah, most people do anyways. So is it just you two signing up? Where are your parents?

Kaden: Oh, they're...

I interrupted him.

Me: At work. They're workaholics and no, a couple of my other cousins are signing up too.

Ms. H: Okay, well here are the applications. Go fill them out over there and they give them back to me once you're done.

Kaden and I grab the papers and start filling them out. We hear the others walk in and the expression on Ms. H's face is priceless. I don't think she was expecting this many people. She handed them all the applications and me and Kaden already had ours filled out.

We handed them back to Ms. H and she took them and put some stuff from on them in the computer. She told us to wait a second so she could print us off our schedules and then be on our way. While we waited, Kaden poked me. Yes, he POKED ME! Can you believe it? I poke him back. He pokes me. I glare at him and poke him back.

In less then a minute we are giving each other dirty looks and punching each other.

Ms. H: Knock it off! Just take your schedules and get out of here!

Kaden got the biggest smile on his face and we raced out the door just to burst into laughter. We sat there for about a minute before getting bored.

Me: Want to see if they have a playground?

Kaden: YES!!!!!

We put our schedules in my car and then raced to the back of the school looking for a play ground. Kaden hoped on a swing and I decided to push him.

Kaden: So how long have you known Robby?

Me: About a week. Not long before you guys showed up.

Kaden: Yeah, I don't blame him for wanting to stay near you. You're cool.

Me: Thanks.

Kaden: I think he has a thing for you though.

Me: What do you mean?

Kaden: I think he likes you. Like, like likes you.

Me: Really?

Kaden: Yeah, he seems to  glow at just the thought of your name. He talks about you all the time.

Me: That might be because I took him in though.

Kaden: Nooo, that would be a simple "thanks for helping me" look, not a glow.

I just stay silent. I try to process what Kaden is saying. Could Robby really like me?

Kaden: How do you feel about him?

Me: What?

That caught me off guard. Do I like Robby? I think I might, just a little.

Me: I might like him.

Kaden nods.

Kaden: Lets go see if the others are done yet. It should've been enough time for them by now.

Me: Yeah....