Chapter 56

Xera's P.O.V.

It was the next morning when I woke up from my nap. I feel sick but I won't let that phase me. I have to go see the head nurse to see what she wanted to talk to me about. I sit up in bed and notice that Robby's not there. I wonder where he went. There's a little note on his bed stand so I reach over and grab it. I unfold it to read what it says.

                                                                       "Good morning love,

                                                           I went out to get some work done.

                                                                           I'll be back later.

                                                         Tell me what goes on with the nurse.

                                                                             Love~ Robby"

I set it down. I wonder what work he has to do. It's probably something with Aiden and Kaden. He's always with them. I get out of bed and head over to my dresser to pick out some clothes. Shorts and a baggy shirt should do for a trip to the nurse's wing. I slip them on and head out.

When I arrive at the nurses office, nobody is in sight. Dylan and Issi must have been released yesterday. I'm glad they're doing better.

Me: Hello! Anyone here?

I hear some shuffling and the head nurse comes out of the supply closet.

Head Nurse: Oh Xera, I'm glad you're here. That news that I have to tell you, I think you should sit down.

I walk over to one of the beds and sit on the edge of it. I look at the nurse. Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be bad news?

Head Nurse: Robby's not going to come?

Me: No, he has some stuff to do.

Head Nurse: Oh dear... you might want someone here with you.

Me: Why?

Head Nurse: I don't think anyone should have to hear this news by itself.

Me: I'll call Stereo.

A few minutes later, Stereo strolls into the room with a worried smile on her face. She sits down next to me on the bed and takes my hand in hers. I smile back at her slightly and then wait for the nurse to break the news to us.

Head Nurse: Ready?

Me: I think so.

Head Nurse: Then let's just hurry and get this over with. Xera, you're pregnant.

I sit there in shock. I'm pregnant? That makes sense I guess. I have been getting sick lately and when I had sex with Robby, we didn't use protection.

Stereo: Oh my gawd! I'm going to have a baby cousin! Congrats Xera!

She seems so happy. I smile at her but there's still hesitation in my mind about this.

Head Nurse: That's not why I had you call someone down here though...

Oh great, there's more?

Me: Just hurry up and say it.

Head Nurse: The baby isn't healthy. Actually, it's bleeding out. The baby isn't strong enough to handle being by itself so therefore, it's feeding off of you.

Me: Isn't that what babies do?

The head nurse shakes her head and goes to the white board across the room. She draws a circle on the board then puts a little bean looking thing in it, which I think is my ovaries and the baby. She looks back at Stereo and me and sighs.

Head Nurse: Okay, I'll show you what's going on. The baby is weak so when it gets a certain size, it will start sucking the health out of you.

She draws a body around the "ovaries" and has a bunch of arrows from the body pointing to the circle.

Head Nurse: The baby is growing at an accelerated rate so therefore it will be sucking your energy a lot sooner than a regular baby will.

I only now notice that she hasn't drawn a face on the body. But she soon fixes that. She draws two X's and a frown on the face.

Head Nurse: Because of the babies current condition, it's either you survive or the baby does.

Me: Oh...