I'd Rather Not Sleep With The Fish

Robby's P.O.V.

It didn't take us long to finish shopping and once we did, we agreed to head home. The sky was dark and looked like it was going to start raining any minute. Which was weird considering it was sunny on our way here. I was thankful that it took us longer to get back on the road Xera's oversized cabin was on. I didn't even notice that she wasn't speeding until we were almost back to her house.

Glancing over at her, I notice that she's deep in thought. I couldn't take my eyes off her for some reason. Her eyebrows were scrunched up as if she was worried about something. Her nose had this little twitch in it, which proved me right about her being worried. Her lips were curved downwards in a frown that I didn't care for. I wanted to see that wonderful smile grace her lips again. Either that smile or his lips. Wait, what?

His thoughts were instantly distracted as I noticed that we drove right past her driveway. That's when it clicked that we were going to her neighbor's house. I must have been really distracted by her to not remember that we were going there. I decided to remain silent and let her go where she needed to go.

Soon enough, she drove into the house that was next to hers. She then hopped out of the jeep and walked up to the door. I followed behind her into the place and began to look around. I went to every room and noticed that all the furniture has been removed, leaving the place was completely empty. I haven't heard a peep out of Xera, so I headed back to the entry way where I left her. On my way, something caught my eye and I looked at the floor near the bedroom door. There was a little bracelet, just lying there. I walked over to the bracelet and picked it up, examining it closer. The bracelet was a mixture of blue, green, and orange. It was braided and even had a bit of dust on it. I rubbed the dust off of it and carried it with me back to the entry way where Xera was still standing.

"Does this mean anything to you?" I held up the bracelet for her to see.

Her eyes widened at the sight of the bracelet, which meant that it was important to her. I opened up the clip to the bracelet and put it around her wrist. She threw her arms around me and gave me the tightest hug that I've ever had. But before I had the chance to hug her back, she pulled away and ran back to her jeep. I kept staring at her for a minute and saw that wonderful smile grace her lips again. Which made it all worth it. I walked out the door shutting it on my way. I jumped over the jeep door and sat next to Xera while putting my seat belt on.

"Is that your brothers bracelet?" I ask.

"Yup!" She replied happily, while still smiling.

The rest of the ride home we didn't talk but Xera seemed really happy. The weather started clearing up in a matter of minutes and we arrived back home. They carried all of the bags in and started unpacking. After I brought all the clothes in, I walked to Xera's bedroom and stood in the doorway.

Her gaze immediately locked onto me, "What?"

"Am I going to live in the same room as you forever or do I get my own room?" I asked her, not trying to seem rude.

"Well I'd prefer it if you stayed in mine with me but if you want your own room then that's okay too," she said, leaving the option up to me.

"Why do you want me in here with you?" I asked, purely out of curiosity.

She looked down at her hands that were crossed over her lap, "So I don't get lonely.... and that way you can make sure that I don't try and hunt down that pack that's after you and kill them all."

After giving it a moment's thought, "I'll stay in your room with you."

Xera let a laugh escape her and smiled at me. She nodded and went to lay in her bed, making herself comfortable.

"Can I sleep in your bed with you? It's more comfy and I'd rather not sleep with the fish," I said, just having to bring up the fish pillow that she made me use when I was sleeping on the floor.

She let out a laugh that was so loud that it made me jump, "yeah, you can sleep up here."

A couple hours later we decided to go to bed. While we were laying there, the events from earlier kept replaying in my head. I was trying to come up with any reason that made sense as to why Lance was scared of Xera. The only thing that can scare a wolf is a dragon. Yet, I don't think that Xera is a dragon, she's too sweet. Every other dragon that I met was cold and ruthless and tried to murder me. However, she took me in and even stuck up for me. But why wasn't she scared of Lance? Why did see tell him that he better tuck his tail? How did she figure out that he was a wolf? I'll just ask her.

"Hey Xera?"

"Hmm?" she mumbled, half asleep.

"Are you hiding anything from me?"

"Why do you ask that?" She asked in response, avoiding my question.

"Because at the store you weren't afraid of Lance and Jared. You punched Jared without second thought.

Then you guessed right when you said that they were the wolves from the pack that was hunting me. I don't even know what it was that made them run out of the store like they seen the scariest thing in the world. What was that about?"

She turned on her side so she was facing me instead of the ceiling, "I told you that I'd do everything in my power to keep you safe and you promised me that you wouldn't leave. I was just keeping my side of the deal. Can I go to bed now?"

"Sure, I'll talk to you in the morning about it," I said, letting it go for now.

"Okay, night."

We went to bed and slept through the entire night. In the morning, I woke up and saw that Xera wasn't there. I thought that she was in the shower until I heard a growling noise, then whimpering from what sounded like a dog. I jumped out of bed and ran outside and saw about five wolves all headed in the same direction. I stood frozen and the only thought running through my mind was, "Oh crap, they found me." After I unfroze, I noticed that they weren't headed toward me. They were headed around the back side of Xera's cabin. Deciding to follow them, I peeked around the side of the cabin and  saw this white dragon. It wasn't as big as I expected.  If I had to guess, the dragon was still pretty young. But it looked very powerful and was probably one of the most beautiful things that I've ever seen. Then the dragon roared and my vision went black.