When Asked For Help, Just Laugh

Robby's P.O.V.

"What are you doing here Lance?" I asked, feeling more than annoyed at his presence.

"I have some unfinished business with you and your girlfriend." He stated. He sounded as if he couldn't be convinced to leave.

"Well I'm right here so if you want to get back at me then now is the only time you're going to get." I taunt.

"Why's that? Is that little girl going to protect you? Maybe that's why you like her so much, she's your bodyguard.  You know she's a dragon, right? She could kill you in human form. I guess you really did want the best protection in the world. A girl that is as strong as a dragon and looks as innocent as a kitten." He taunted back. I could feel my ego shrinking and evaporating at his statement.

Feeling myself about to transform, I yell at him "You don't know anything! I picked her because she's the one who picked me up off the streets and prevented you guys from finding me, even though it didn't last long! She's my mate, and you're here to hurt her. I'm not going to let that happen!"

I transform into wolf form and attack Lance. Lance quickly changes into wolf form and fights back. Then Jared and Darrek start to go after me to help Lance. Another wolf that's a little bigger than me comes running out of the forest and blocks the way of Jared and Darrek. Lance gets on top of me and all of a sudden gets knocked off me by a smaller wolf. I get up and go to help the bigger wolf out. A few minutes later, I pin one of the wolves so he can't do anymore. I look around to check on the other wolves that were helping me out and see that Lance has the little wolf pinned by his neck. So I run at Lance and plow into him knocking him off the smaller wolf. Everybody freezes because we heard a door slam shut and Xera running out of the house. Lance, Jared, and Darrek go running back into the woods and disappear. I transform back into a human and look at Xera.

"What the hell is going on out here?!?!" Xera screeches like a banshee.

"Lance and a couple of his boys came back and they wanted revenge on you for beating the crap out of them earlier so I gave them what they wanted." I stated dumbly.

"So why didn't you tell me? I would've fought them again. They are nothing more than puppies." She said.

Feeling enraged, I yelled, "But I never wanted you to get involved in the first place! But you always have to stick your nose in places where it doesn't belong!!!!"

Xera dropped her jaw and then turned around and walked into the house. When she comes back out, she's hauling a boy and girl behind her. She drags them out to her garage. All three of them get into the jeep and Xera pulls out of the garage. I wave her down and she stops then rolls down the window slightly.

"Won't have to worry about me 'sticking my nose in things' now, will you?" she said, with venom dripping from each word.

"That's not what I meant Xera. Please just get out so we can talk about this." I plead.

Xera shook her head no and drove off.

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and then followed the hand to see who it belonged to. I was shocked to see Aiden and next to him, his little brother Kaden.

"Girl problems?" Aiden asked sarcastically.

I laugh and push Aiden's hand off my shoulder and looks at the mark from Lance on Kaden's neck. It didn't look that bad but it still needed to be cleaned up.

I smile at Kaden, "You've grown quite big there Kaden. I didn't ever think you were gonna get this big that fast."

"Well things happen and ever since we came back and the pack was gone then we have been doing a lot of fighting and even more eating." He stated happily.

I laugh again then lead Aiden and Kaden into the bathroom of the house. We get to the bathroom and Kaden sits on the sink and waits for me to get all the supplies out to clean his neck.

Aiden opens his smart mouth up again,  "You know, I can help you out with your girl problems. It's not that hard. Just tell her you like her, unless you don't. Then you can introduce me to her and I can get to know her."

I quit getting the supplies and turn to look at Aiden, leaning against the counter next to Kaden.

"I do like Xera, a lot. I may even love her. I'm willing to wait for her even if we are two completely different species. I know that you guys might not approve, or believe me, when I tell you what she is but it doesn't matter to me. She saved my life about 2 or 3 times since I've met her and I've never felt this way about someone before. I mean she's smart, strong, brave, confident, sexy, and even a bit of a klutz. But I'll never leave her, no matter what happens."

Kaden laughs at me "You sound like a love sick fool Robby. I'll make a deal with you. If you clean up my neck and convince Xera to let us stay here with you, then I'll ask her how she feels about you. Deal?"

He sticks out his hand and offers it to me. I smile and shake his hand.

"Deal. I just need to get Xera to come back first. I'm pretty sure she just went shopping. Oh, and if you guys stay here then you have to help me keep Lance and his pack off this property." I state firmly.

Aiden nods his head, "As long as long as you don't mind me hitting on that girl that was with your Xera."

Aiden laughs and I start cleaning Kaden's wounds. My Xera? My Xera? Yeah, my Xera I smile at the thought.

"Jeez, I missed you guys!" I hug Kaden since he's right in front of me. I feel him stiffen then wave his hands around, trying to get me to let him go.

"Help Aiden!" but Aiden just laughs at him.